Chapter 9: Spark.

"What do we wear when we are going to see someone at the hospital?" I groaned, looking at the mess I'd made.

I had almost thrown all the clothes from the cupboard and was still clueless what to wear.

Melanie jumped over a pile of jeans in order to reach me. She was all dressed up and ready to go, unlike me.

Melanie was wearing a grey dress, with black boots and a black fur coat, her golden brown hair were tugged into a neat and orderly braid.

"We're not going to a funeral, are we?" I scorned, observing her from head to toe.

She rolled her eyes and smacked me with full force.

"Let's get you ready to go." She said, pulling out a blue sweater from another pile and black jeans.

She handed me the clothes and ordered me to wear those. Well, she was more in fashion than I was.

As James had told Melanie the room number where his mom was staying, we walked into room number 308 to find a tall brunette standing in front of the bed.

I looked away as soon as he turned to notice the door unbolted. I noticed those hazel green eyes before looking away.

A wide smile crept along his face and he came closer to hug Melanie. Yeah, that's Melanie, she hugs almost everyone. And I don't.

"You came." He said softly as he examined me.

I looked up to face him and handed him the bunch of flowers Melanie forced me to buy for his mother.

"Hey." I replied casually.

He examined my face a minute longer until his mother interrupted. Thank God.

"So who of you is Elene Fox?" she said, smiling brightly.

"I am." I said suddenly said without thinking and went close to her.

"I'm James' mother, you know of. Tina Rowell." She said, again with a wide smile.

Her smile resembled so much like the guy who's annoying me for some time. James resembles so much to his mother.

She offered me her hand to shake and I took it respectfully.

James came and stood to the other side.

"And I'm Melanie! Elene's best friend." Melanie came from behind, showing that she exists too.

This made James and his mother laugh.

"And I'll be waiting outside, you guys have chat." She ran towards the door and disappeared.

I started to feel confused, awkward as the silence grew.

"So, it's good to finally meet you. I'm so busy that I hardly ever get to meet James' girlfriends." Tina admitted, that followed by widened eyes of mine as well as James.

"Mom! She's my friend. I've corrected you a dozen times." He exclaimed.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I'll see how long." She grinned, looking at me like she was giving me some sort of a gesture which I wasn't getting.

I peferred to keep mouth shut.

After listening to his mother talk about how fat she got and the diet was necessary and drinking is good and bla and bla, James forced me out of the room.

"I'm so sorry about that." He said, looking down.

I chuckled. "She's fun. I like her." I chuckled again.

He widened his eyes and tried to laugh too.

"Well, that's new."
Melanie stood up as she recognized us.