Chapter 30: Apologize.

Elene,
I swear I wanted you to know who I am, but you were wasted before I could reveal myself and tell you who I am. I tried to reach you but I'm really very sorry, I didn't want to trkk you and then see that you don't even remember it by virtue of how drunk you were.
Bye.

Two days passed, and I hadn't talked or seen James around.

Cecelia indicated that he was coming to school but still I couldn't see him, not that I wanted to, but you know, just to be sure he's there.

Maybe he'd finally given up on me. Maybe he'd moved on and stopped thinking ways to have a word with me. And maybe I deserved all of that.

But his absence constantly made me want to see him, just a glance or something, but even when I went to the rehearsals of the play, Melanie would always tell me indirectly that he'd leave.

But all of it wasn't helping me in any way, because I just couldn't stop thinking about him. I'd wonder what he'd be doing right about now and resisted the urge to text him every single time.

The Annual Musical Night arrived where Conan was performing like he's been doing for two years.

He was busy deciding songs and practicing them and I could hear Melanie's laughs sometime indicating that she was there.

And as per conjecture, she came marching inside my room minutes later.

"You're not coming, I see." She said the night of Musical Night, seeing as I was in my pajamas curled up on the bed with the script as I decided to go through the lines.

"Nope." I murmured, popping the 'p'.

I looked up to see that she was ready to go. I guess the theme was black as always because she wore a black crop top with ripped jeans and black high heels, ending the look with a dark red lipstick.

"Isn't Conan supposed to pick you?" I asked her because that's what I overheard yesterday.

"Yeah, but he's having those nervous breakdowns again and again so I came early, we're leaving in half an hour and he's getting ready. Why on earth is he even nervous? Everybody knows how amazing he is." Melanie rambled coming to sit on the edge of the bed.

"I guess that's just who he is." I said in surrender though it was weird of him being nervous even after performing a lot.

"Oh by the way," Melanie paused. "I have a message to pass on to you." She said, bracing herself like I wouldn't like what she's saying.

I raised my eyebrows asking her what does she wanna tell me.

"James' parents are having their anniversary party and we all are going. James asked me to tell you that you're invited too." She finished carefully seeing if I was okay with that information or not.

"I don't care, not like I'm going anyway." I said in a low tone.

Melanie stood up angrily. "You know you could at least show that you care in front of me. Don't try to act all macho." She said.