Chapter 14: Kidding Myself.

Chapter 14:

"You really don't have to come to the door to drop me. I can walk alone on the street James." I told him, rolling eyes at him.

Actually I didn't want mom and dad to see him since I hadn't dated in so long and I hate to muse over the fact how mom and dad act around a boy seeing him standing with me.

"But I'm your boyfriend and usually I walk my girl to the door." He smirked putting emphasis at the word 'boyfriend'.

I raised my eyebrows sarcastically which he didn't seem to understand.

The door was unlocked by chance and I was about to go in waving him goodbye when mom and dad along with Molly and Chet appeared from behind me.

"Where have you been?" it just came out my mouth before even realizing it.

Mom and dad just ignored my question just like that and kept on gaping at James. Molly eyed me quizzically and I just rolled my eyes.

"Mom, dad this is James."I said flatly introducing them to James.

James smiled politely to them, like the generous guy he was. "Hello Mr. and Mrs. Fox. It's nice to meet you."

Mom and dad stood there staring which made James uncomfortable too. They shook his hand and replied even more politely.

"Hello James. You guys coming back from a party?" mom asked.

Okay, so is this really important to ask this from him? I wasn't going to lie.

James looked at me with a perplexed look. I didn't even have time to tell mom and dad, let alone Conan that I'm going to a party.

Conan was just there when I was asking Melanie for advice. And of course it must be startling for them to see me returning from a party with a guy after months.

"Uh, yeah. It was my friend's housewarming party and since I don't know much people here, I asked Elene to come with me. I thought she must've informed you."
He finished grinning at me.
Mom and dad tried to sound as casual as they could.

"I think James has to leave now." I interrupted, thinking he would leave hearing this he stood there praising Chet's Manchester United t-shirt and Molly's Hello Kitty one. And to my surprise, they seemed to interact with him pretty nice, which ached so hard.

"Elene, did you ask James to come to the New Year party next week?" Dad asked casually which made James grin.

Holy crap. What is wrong with my parents?

"Uhm..."

"No, actually. She didn't even mention the New Year party," he mocked. I raised my eyebrows, my anger reaching to the top.

"Dad, James is not my-"

"Okay then James, we'd love to see you at the party next week. Be there." And with that mom and dad went inside.

Kill me, now.

I rolled my eyes. "There's no pressure on you to come. Mom and dad even invite the neighbors they haven't talked to in ages, trust me."

He chuckled. "We'll see." He just stood there with his hands in his pockets.

Was there anything he wanted me to say?

"I...uhm, had a pretty good time tonight." I hope it would be enough but it was true by all means.

His lips curled into a smile. "Me too."

He stepped closer and looked down at me. I could hear my heartbeat so fast. My heart began its dance sending a surge to my cheeks. I stared in his eyes, longer this time. I don't know how long, but his eyes were still a problem. There'll be some getting used to.

It was a minute after I grasped to the fact how close he was, I could see his freckles clearly.

"I should go." I looked down.

"Uhm, yeah. I'll see you tomorrow?" I nodded and went inside without looking back, hiding the crimson look that had taken over.

"I like him." Molly said from behind me. I turned to face her.

"Shouldn't you be sleeping? Its past twelve." I scolded. She always knew more than she was supposed to.

"Is he your boyfriend?" asked Chet crawling on the bed beside Molly.

"What? No, he's not my boyfriend." I said in disgust.