Chapter 25: The Letter.

Hey,
   It all happened a year ago, Adrian Conrad, he happened a year ago. I went to a party Melanie's friends had thrown. I used to go to parties a lot, buns and specs had never been my thing. I was a party girl back then and Melanie and I were the same except of her dating every other random guy. So at that party I got introduced to a tall guy with faded tan, black curly hair and light blue eyes. For some very odd reason, I found him intriguing. I hadn't seen him before since he went to a different high school but it was still in the same town as ours, and, that he was a year ahead mine. We both were very awkward at first but eventually we ended up talking the entire party that day. I didn't hesitate for a second when he asked my number. All in all it was a good day.
    Eventually he asked me out and I said yes. Adrian used to come to school to take me after my classes ended and the whole school started to talk about it. In no time, we were an item that lasted eight months. For me, he was everything you'd probably want in a guy, he made me feel alive. Yeah, and those fantasies don't last long, do they.
    There came a day when we were hanging out at his place and I found a package, containing drugs. I was so confused as to what would drugs must do with Adrian, but then he found me looking at the package in disbelief and he got confused, starting to act all weird. He started to ramble, and trust me when I say, Adrian Conrad only rambles when he's finding some excuse.
    I told him that I trusted him and if there's anything he wants to tell me, expecting that he would open up, but instead he said that there is nothing I should know. Disappointment would be an understatement of what I was feeling to be very honest. I didn't tell him that but from that day I started to be a little distant from him because Melanie predicted that there may be a chance that Adrian's involved into something wrong or...illegal.
    Then came Adrian's junior prom where I was going with him. Yeah, his school had junior and senior proms separately (I wish our school had too). After the dance, police arrived arresting Adrian along with some others that were his friends, for selling drugs around the campus. Some of the guys from my school were also involved in transporting and they were arrested the next day. It was all a nightmare. Adrian and his friends got released on bail a week after and his school announced that Adrian and the others involved had to repeat this for clean record in their transcripts or the colleges won't accept them.
    Adrian was depressed, he didn't talk much and stayed away so I couldn't even press for details though I wanted to know everything. Amanda advised me to stay away from him but he was my boyfriend, I couldn't do that to him. He was good at handling stuff, so he was okay by three weeks and it felt like nothing had happened in the first place.
   One day, he invited me to his place saying he had something important to show me. I thought he was finally going to tell me everything. I was wrong. His parents weren't home and so we talked for a while in his living room after which I got a text from my mom asking where I had been for it was past twelve. So I excused Adrian and picked up my bag to leave but he wouldn't let me go and constantly said that he had some sort of surprise for me. He had never been so pressurizing and cogent before so I asked him what was wrong and he started to get over me pushing me on the sofa. He tried to rip off my blouse tempestuously. I pushed him away yelling at him to let me go. I had no idea what had gotten into him. This wasn't the Adrian I knew and loved. I even tried to run but he kept on getting into me. He was so strong that I had to yell and scream but no one was in the house so it was utterly inept. And then he told me how he waited all this time to get this close to me, to get inside me, to have every part of me. It was plain ridiculous. And that wasn't Adrian for God's sake. I asked him why he started to date me in the first place and he told me that it was a bet between his friends as to who could score the hottest girl. I know it's absurd but he didn't. He needed proof to tell his friends that he had done something between although nothing had happened. I won't let anything happen and he was acting off the wall looking harebrained. He played with me, and my feelings. I punched him hard and when he ran to get ice, I escaped from there. That was the last time I saw him, because after that, mom and dad complained to his principal clandestinely in person and we got a restraining order against him.
   From that day, I wanted to hide the old Elene and bury her somewhere no one could see. So I started wearing specs, lashing my hair into buns so no one would notice me or ask me out. It was going perfectly well until James came along. I don't even believe in this stuff anymore, it's ludicrous.
Hope you understand.
                                                Elene.

I threw the letter outside the window because I was so stressed already letting it all out. And I saw a glimpse of a person. I don't know why the silhouette resembled to James. Maybe he's stuck in my mind. Idiot.

VOTE. COMMENT. RECOMMEND. ❤