Chapter 17: Capture The Flags

Hi Elene,
    Yeah I am here but not a hint am I going to give you about my identity, so don’t get excited. Lol. This lantern festival in my town the day before yesterday was so exhausting. There was so much light outside and people screaming. Who even likes this sort of stuff? Watching lanterns, how is that even entertaining?
                                              Your friend.

Melanie had stayed with Courtney last night as Amanda came with her sleeping bag asking if she could stay with me. She knew I won’t say no to her after all we haven’t had the Amanda and Elene time in ages. I missed talking to her.

She was the understanding one in the group. Courtney and Melanie were always up to something, I preferred to stay out of their businesses and Amanda being the mom was always ready for giving lectures. Well, Melanie was still the one with the brain because she knew her limits more than Courtney.

Courtney was out of our hands actually. All we did were not take her seriously because that’s what she’s been doing with her life. Amanda still never lost hope in her.

“So how it’s going with James?” she asked.

Why every person on the planet was on the mission to discuss me and James? Why?

“Uhm, pretty good. We’re talking. He doesn’t ask me about the stuff I’m uncomfortable with, so I really appreciate some factors about him.” I never realized when a smile emerged on my face.

She smiled. “Well, that’s only because he wants to keep talking to you. He’s still interested in you aside from the fact that you hide a lot from him.”

"I don't hide, I just don't tell.." I trailed off, realising that it was remotely the same thing.

“Well, he’ll lose interest soon then, once he knows about my past.”

“Why do you think that..?” she asked half chuckling, with a really perplexed look on her face.

“That’s what people do; they lose interest in you once you tell them everything about yourself, or once they know everything about you.”

She laughed. And laughed. And- okay let’s just say she kept laughing for a total of two minutes.

I rolled my eyes. “Oh please your highness, allow me in that huge brain of yours and enlighten me with your thoughts?” I mocked.

Amanda chuckled. “First of all, stop reading stupid blogs filled with sad quotes okay? All these quotes are just to make you believe in stupid stuff where you can relate with them. When the truth is, it’s utterly absurd.”

I raised an eyebrow.

“I’m right Ellie, look. Melanie knows every single thing about you, right?” I nod. “And you know everything about her right?”

I wince at that. Do I really?

“And you guys still have years to go together, through every shit. We know everything about each other but still we keep up because there is so much to come in future we have to deal for each other. This stupid thing that you just said, take it back. Right now.”

Well, she was right what could I possibly say.

“I take it back ma lady.” I bow sarcastically.

“That’s my girl.” She chortles.

I sigh looking out through the window. It was so quiet; I could hardly see anybody out there.

“So what are you going to do about Melanie? You hurt her pretty bad.” She admitted. Yeah, like I already don’t know?

“For the record, I didn’t lie about anything.” I said looking all calm and chill.