Chapter 7: I Like You This Way.

Chapter dedication: hibazubair
The picture of James is on the top. Enjoy!

~~~

Melanie was excited like she hadn't been for a long time. She was jumping here and there and asking the cheer leaders to root for Bryn only.

The crowd cheered as the match started and Amanda and Courtney started to pass asinine comments on the so called cute players.

Melanie was so focused on Bryn that she didn't even participate in Courtney and Amanda's discussion.

"What has made Melanie so excited today?" Amanda whispered in my ear.

I laughed, tucking the strand of hair behind my ear.

"Bryn's on the soccer team too."

"Oh, obviously." Amanda rolled her eyes.

Melanie vehemently made us sit with her to support Bryn but Amanda's boyfriend Paul was also playing so she had to be there anyway.

Courtney was there to check out the hot guys. Of course, and I had absolutely no idea why I was there.

At the time out, James waved me from the corner of the field and Melanie waved back because I was taking so much time to recognize him. Melanie started to coerce me to go to him.

"But I'm here to support Bryn, remember?" I excused contemptuously but was edged up on the seat.

I saw James still peering here from the corner of my eye.

"Yeah, I can see how you're support is helping him." Melanie derided but remained steady.

"I'm here for him, now you should be there for him." Melanie added, pointing at James, who was still looking at me.

"Seriously, Mel?" I glared at her and she acted contrite.

I rolled my eyes and got up.

He widened his smile as my steps got closer. He was wearing black clothes, like he just returned from a funeral or something.

He didn't say anything funny neither did he mock on something about me. Either he had decided to change for me or he was beleaguered. The latter seemed right. But why I am I still thinking about him?

"Hi." He said as I got closer. His 'hi' seemed like more of an 'I'm not in a mood to talk'.

"Hey." I retorted courteously. His look remained solemn. Would it be right if I asked him?

"So, you're here to support which team?" he asked casually and started to walk making me saunter too.

"Uhm, our school's team of course?!" I said like its obvious. It was. Lamest question. He really wasn't in a mood to talk.

He smirked. "Right."

"I thought you'd also be in our soccer team. I take that you aren't interested." I said and yes, I really thought he'd be in the team. Well a the popular guys of the school are.

"I am, I'm surprised that you guessed right. I just didn't feel like playing today, if we win today, I'm playing in semis." He explained.

I nodded as we walked past the field quietly. He always had something to say but he was awfully quiet today.

"Why do I think you're not in a mood to talk to me?" I asked quizzically which made him stop.

He laughed. "What? I would never miss a chance to talk to you." Oh, I get it. It was better not asking.