Chapter 37: Balloons And A Message.

I wouldn't have woken up this early on a Sunday morning if it wasn't for my stupid siblings.

Molly and Chet jumped on my bed at nine in the morning when the only time I consider waking at a day like this is, almost twelve in the noon.

"Don't you guys have Conan to annoy?" I mumbled in my sleep, trying to push them off my bed blindly.

"Already done." Chet sang. "He was actually glad since he said he had some things to take care of." He added with a curious tone.

I opened one eye to look at them. They were still in their pajamas.

"And he's getting ready now, to go somewhere." Molly informed me, as she tried pulling my sheets off me.

I quickly grabbed them in my hands, pushing her hands away and passing her a death glare. "Go away." I cried.

Molly and Chet passed each other mischievous smiles and the next was predictable, they started to tickle me.

"Mom! The monsters are attacking me!" I shouted, half laughing and half trying to push them off me.

When they heard mom's footsteps over the staircase, they let go of me but living upstairs was an advantage that they didn't know of: you usually get used to the footsteps and the person they belong to. It wasn't Mom, it was Dad.

As he appeared in my room, I started to wonder what he was doing here. Molly and Chet quickly got off the bed and ran to hug dad. I smiled instantly at the thought of how much they miss him around here nowadays.

Me? Let's not get to that for now.

I sat up awkwardly, running a hand through my hair. "Hey." I managed to say in my croaky voice.

He smiled his signature smile, "Good morning, how have you been?" He asked, as Molly and Chet jumped over his back making him laugh.

"I'm good." I said flatly. "Great actually."

He nodded, acknowledging my reply. I felt bad because I knew I sounded rude, but in that moment I didn't care.

He then left my room balancing Molly and Chet on his back. "If you don't tell mom, I can let you eat three chocolates each." I heard him murmur to them from the staircase.

Typically dad. I missed him.

~~~

Today was just going as planned. I wanted to spend the day at home, because dad was home and we were celebrating Conan's victory.

Molly and Chet were happy that they got to spend Sunday with dad and mom.

Mom and Dad were not talking much, it just seemed like they'd figured what each wanted and were preferring the space. I didn't want to jump in and ask or anything, I just hoped it would be better if they tell us themselves.

I knew patience. I knew things could take time. Take me and James for example. Who knew he and I would become like this?

Conan and I were in the kitchen helping mom, when my phone buzzed with a text.

Why aren't you in your room?

It was James. I chuckled, and typed back.

Why are you stalking me?

He replied after two minutes.

Oh, just reliving old days.

I laughed at his text, and it was a good feeling that we could talk about the letter stuff without any cringe.