Chapter 39: Everything.

James wanted this date to be the best for me. So he made sure that he picked me up, exactly at six.

"You could've just told me where to come and I would've been there." I shrugged, because where he was taking me was in the opposite direction from my house. So he basically went out of his way to pick me up.

"You're not really aware of how dates go, do you?" James said, quirking a brow at me.

I do.

"Not much. Enlighten me."

"There isn't much to enlighten though, you'll get the hang of it." He winked, glancing sideways.

"I'm just saying." I shrugged, looking out the window. "Where are we going, by the way?"

"Don't you like surprises?" He groaned.

"No, I don't." I admitted sheepishly, giggling.

"Well, you'll get the hang of that too." He murmured, mischievous glint in his eyes.

We talked normally for another fifteen minutes until James parked at an open parking lot.

There were cars parked everywhere and people getting out of them with blankets and snacks.

A drive-in movie.

"I thought it only happens in LA!" I expressed in awe, as I looked outside the window.

It was beautiful. People were sitting on the trunks of their cars with blankets and popcorns.

Who knew he could be such a romantic? I swear I had a huge ass smile on my face.

I noticed James gazing at me from my peripheral vision. I turned to return his gaze.

"You look beautiful." He simply said, shrugging his shoulders and reaching out for my hand.

I raised my eyebrows, blushing. "Took you long enough to realize that." I turned my palm upside so his fingers could clasp my hand tightly.

"It doesn't have to be realized if you're naturally like this." He winked, moving forward to kiss me swiftly on the lips.

We got out of the car and that's when I noticed a big blanket and a duffle bag of snacks on the back seat as James opened the door to get them.

He handed me the bag and set the blanket like the others car had.

Soon enough, Titanic started playing on the big screen set up my some guys who planned to have a drive-in movie.

It was basically a poll between some other movie and people voted to watch Titanic. You could just watch it as many times as you want.

I cried at the end, and a lot of others did too. There was pin drop silence until the end because everyone just knows how intense the moment was.

I felt James' arm around me, squeezing a little and I leaned into him, sniffling.

I saw his glassy eyes towards the end too.

"Jack could've clearly fit on the log too, where he put Rose." He scoffed, after we were done with the movie and were walking on a bridge that we found somewhere near that place.

We'd had cheeseburgers while watching the movie and I didn't even complete it because of the movie so I forced James to finish mine too, since I didn't like to leave food.

"Don't ruin the night by saying that. I will kill you." I glared at him.

He chuckled. "I love the movie, but I'm just saying."