Chapter 40: Not Your Typical Ending.

I learned a lot this year.

It doesn't hurt to talk about Adrian now. It just seems a part of my sophomore year in high school that I prefer to forget. But I've never been better.

I made myself a little bit strong, to make myself face consequences and be ready for them. My junior year may have not been how I expected it to be like, but I appreciate it like this more.

I found new friends, nice and genuine people and a guy I would choose beyond everything.

James.

He entered my life as a total stranger and became a part of it. He changed me into a whole new person. A person I couldn't have become if he wasn't there. And I appreciate that. I do. I appreciate that big time.

"You're staring at him like some creep." Amanda pointed out, breaking me out of my reverie.

"Does he know you stare a lot?" Courtney whispered.

I rolled my eyes. "No, and I don't stare!" I hissed back.

I still didn't take my eyes off James, and maybe he sensed someone looking at him from his peripheral vision because he turned his gaze towards me and passed me a smile.

I smiled back at him softly.

"They do that a lot." Melanie hissed, informing other girls too. Ugh.

"Why are we whispering?" Cecelia butt in, whispering to the conversation.

"Because you all are jerks." Violet announced, loudly. Who even invites her into the conversation?

The cafetaria was buzzing with students as classes were just dismissed. The boys were busy talking about soccer over lunch as were we, listening about Paul's birthday surprise that Amanda gave him.

Today was the last day of our junior year, though it still didn't feel like it.

Come to think of it, a lot sure had changed. We all were going camping next weekend which everyone was already psyched about. Even me.

The conversation sank and the topic of camping started again. The plans weren't ending, they just expanded more and more.

Greg came rushing to us, hell I had no idea where he was up until now. He was panting and his forehead was covered in sweat.

We all turned to face him and gave him our undivided attention.

He put his hands on his knees and took breaths to stable his breathing. We waited impatiently.

"Dude, are you okay?" It was Dwayne who voiced our thoughts.

What he said next wasn't pointed to anyone else, it was pointed to me.

"Someone is transferring here for their senior year, and you're not gonna like it."

THE END.