Laced - Chapter 53 (Aiding Those in Need)

Disclaimer: This was written over 10 years ago, and the author no longer agrees with many of the concepts found in this story. Some of the content will be cringey and/or problematic. Please remember this is entirely fictional and does not represent the author's beliefs.

Twitter: dazzleizzy

Copyright © 2012-2023

~~

Abby's POV

He switched lanes, moving to the farthest right lane of the freeway. I listen to the rhythmic click click click of the blinker of the car as he signaled and took the exit, and pull up my chair to a seated position.

My attention turns to the commotion outside - cars whirring by, the obviously rich and free walking along the sidewalks, rushing to where they were headed.

I was encaptivated by the entire urban environment, completely forgetting that I was in the car with Master Zayn until he cleared his throat.

"We're almost here. Do you want breakfast?" He asks.

I nod. "Yes, please. Can I open the window?"

He nods, and presses a button on his door, and the window rolls down. Cool air rushes in, and I welcome it and lean closer to get a good look outside.

"It's so beautiful." I breathe, and look back to him. He looks away quickly when he realizes that I'd caught him staring at me, but it only brings a grin to my lips.

"Yeah, it is."

We stop at a stop light, waiting for it to turn green, and then Zayn makes a left.

"I know this place I think you'll like. It's small and quiet." He says softly, looking over to me for assurance.

"It sounds perfect." I give him a reassuring smile, and then he quickly nods and turns his attention back to the road.

--

Zayn's POV

"I just need to find somewhere to park." I tell her, and then try to remember where there was available parking.

Every time I came to the City, it was to the Government building, and so I'd park there, meet with the high ranking officials, and then leave. Either that, or I would have Nick, my driver, drive me there, wait outside, and drive me back when I was done. But this time, I was going with Abigail, just to show her around, and I wouldn't be able to park there.

Something clicks in the back of my mind and I remember that there's a parking garage nearby, so I head in that direction.

--

"We'll have to walk from here." I tell Abigail as I get out of the car, and head to her side to open the door for her. I frown when she opens the door and steps out by herself, but I don't say anything.

"That's fine. The weather is amazing." There's excitement in her voice, and I'm elated that she was happy about this. This should be an enjoyable day trip, and I hoped that it would make up for leaving so early from the little vacation I granted her.

"No, it's actually cold." I say, and pull out her sweater from the back seat of the car. "Put this on."

She shakes her head at me, and grimaces. "I like the cool weather. I don't need to wear it."

I raise an eyebrow at her, willing her to not challenge me right now. "Abigail."

She rolls her eyes at me, and takes the sweater from my hand. "Fine. But I'm putting it around my waist until I get cold." She says, and begins to tie the fuzzy green sleeves.