Prologue

Disclaimer: This was written over 10 years ago, and the author no longer agrees with many of the concepts found in this story. Some of the content will be cringey and/or problematic. Please remember this is entirely fictional and does not represent the author's beliefs.

Twitter: dazzleizzy

Copyright © 2012-2022

"Put me down!" I yelled, struggling as I tried to get out of Zayn's grasp. "Let me go!"

He had thrown me over his shoulder, an arm clamping over my legs. The only thing I could do was pound my fists against his back as he carried me into my room. He flung me onto the bed, glaring down at me.

"Have you forgotten, Abigail, who runs this place? Who owns you? You are nothing. Nothing at all. You are mine. Mine only. I can do whatever I want with you, and you can't do anything about it." He growled, his voice threatening.

"But you won't." I challenged, returning his glare.

He remained silent.

~~~~~~

Over one hundred years into the future, corruption has wreaked havoc on the overwhelming majority of rulers and governments. What once used to be a free world, now is dominated by the Government - consisting of a small handful of Owners. Owners like Zayn.

The rest of the population is enslaved.

There is no in between; no middle class. Either you're wealthy, or you're bound within the chains of slavery.

If you're lucky, you might be able to live a few years, maybe even your whole life well hidden - free - but in fear.

But if you're like Abigail, your smallest mistake could become your biggest nightmare.

Snatched off the streets, Abby is sold to one of the richest, most powerful and attractive men in the world, Zayn Malik.

Abby would've easily been another female slave, forced to do Zayn's every bidding. Except for one thing.

Abby held something sacred.

Something that even the most powerful, manipulative, and handsome man wouldn't mess with.