Laced - Chapter 17 (Exposed Emotions)

Disclaimer: This was written over 10 years ago, and the author no longer agrees with many of the concepts found in this story. Some of the content will be cringey and/or problematic. Please remember this is entirely fictional and does not represent the author's beliefs.

Twitter: dazzleizzy

Copyright © 2012-2022

Abby's POV

Niall walked beside me silently as he followed Zayn's orders to take me back to my room.

I bit the inside of my cheek, holding back any words that threatened to leave my lips.

I didn't want to take out my annoyance and anger out on Niall, it wasn't his fault Zayn was like this.

We turned into the lower slave quarters, and then made our way down until we reached the beginning of the corridor that led to my room.

I noticed that I had left my door ajar as we reached my room, and I looked up at Niall.

He scratched his head, seeming to hesitate for a second.

I crossed my arms.

"I think I owe you an explanation." He started.

"You think?" I nodded sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"It's going to be pretty long. You should probably sit down." He motioned to the couch.

"No. I'm going to stand right here till you tell me what's going on." I said stubbornly.

He groaned. "Don't be so difficult, Abby. Sit."

"Fine." I agreed begrudgingly, plopping down onto the leather sofa. "So tell me."

He took a seat on the other side of couch, throwing his head back in exhaustion. "I don't even know where to start."

I paused for a second, thinking. "Well, you could start by telling me where Zayn's going right now."

He looked at me uncomfortably. "He's going to meet with Sykes tonight."

I narrowed my eyes. "And why is Perrie going with him?"

He gave me a funny look. "He always takes slaves out with him every once in a while. You're not the only who's gone out with Zayn."

I shook my head. "No, but why is he taking her to meet with Sykes?"

"You have to understand, Abby, this situation is complicated..."

"I'm pretty sure I can handle it." I assured him.

Niall looked frustrated, like he was trying to defend Zayn, but at the same time bashing him. "Look, Sykes knows things he shouldn't about Zayn. And if Sykes spills what he knows to the law, Zayn could get in trouble. So..."

"So he blackmails Zayn. Typical." I finished for him. "Anyways, go on."

Niall nodded, and continued. "Yeah, Sykes blackmails him. And the thing is about Sykes is that he sees Zayn as competition for power...so..." he hesitated.

"Okay, I see that, but that doesn't explain why he took Perrie-"

"Perrie's going to sleep with Nathan." A new voice interrupted me. Standing in the doorway was Harry, who leaned against the wall, staring down at the floor with his arms crossed.

"Harry!" Niall chastised. "You're not supposed to-"

He looked up at Niall, narrowing his eyes. "What? She should know. Why lie to her?"