Laced - Chapter 31 (Ulterior Motives)

Disclaimer: This was written over 10 years ago, and the author no longer agrees with many of the concepts found in this story. Some of the content will be cringey and/or problematic. Please remember this is entirely fictional and does not represent the author's beliefs.

Twitter: dazzleizzy

Copyright © 2012-2022

~~

Niall's POV

"But it's not fair to you. I feel horrible."

I frowned. "Well, at least we have something, right? Doesn't that count for anything? We both have each other, and we can make it through this small bump on the road, right?"

"Zayn fucking me while I'm with you is not a small bump, Niall. I don't even know how you convinced me to let this keep going the other day..." Her voice trailed off, and I winced at her words.

I tried to keep the mood light. "It's because you love me too much. I'm too awesome to break up with." I said jokingly, playfully punching her arm.

She struggled to keep her face straight, but finally her smile broke though her serious façade, and I couldn't help but laugh with her.

"Now, forget about what happened the other day. Today I'm off, and you're off. Today is about us. Okay?" I wrapped my arms around her, resting my chin on her head.

"Okay." She agreed, returning my embrace. "What do you want to do?"

I bit my lip, chuckling. "You know what I want to do, babe. Now is it my bed, or yours?" I asked cheekily.

"Of course. I should've known." She playfully rolled her eyes at my request.

"So, my bed or yours?" I asked again, more seriously.

She paused for a second, a sly grin forming on her lips. "How about your jacuzzi?"

I pulled away from her, not giving her a chance to protest before I knocked her knees out from under her and carried her princess-style. "I like your thinking, Amby. "

"Niall!" She protested. "Put me down, bastard!"

I threw my head back, laughing as I made my way back to my room, ignoring her feeble attempts at jumping out of my arms.

"You're right." Amber suddenly whispered, and I stopped walking, confused.

"Right about what?"

"I love you too much."

And at that moment, even with the sticky situation our relationship was in, I was the luckiest guy in the world.

--

Harry's POV

It wasn't even awkward anymore, it was just habit. Perrie came to my room every night after tossing and turning and failing to fall asleep by herself. So she would sneak into my bed, hoping I wouldn't notice, but of course I did.

Once she crawled in, I'd just casually throw my arm around her waist, pulling her into me and snuggling against her. It wasn't romantic, and I had no feelings for her. She just needed to sleep, and if she needed comfort to knock her out, I would give her it.

It wasn't a big deal, really.

So it was awkward when I was woken up one morning by a squeal.

I blinked my eyes open, and noticed Perrie was on the floor, getting up from the mess she'd caused by falling with the sheets.