Laced - Chapter 32 (One Too Many Choices)

Disclaimer: This was written over 10 years ago, and the author no longer agrees with many of the concepts found in this story. Some of the content will be cringey and/or problematic. Please remember this is entirely fictional and does not represent the author's beliefs.

Twitter: dazzleizzy

Copyright © 2012-2023

~~

Abby's POV

The big day was tomorrow, and the entire population of the mansion was in prep-mode. I never thought it'd get this busy and hectic, but it was.

Most of the work was taken care of by suited servants, who shuffled past with plates and bags and glasses and crates in the hallways, setting up one of the unused ballrooms into a stage area with seats.

The servants also attended to us lower slaves, pulling each of us into our rooms to be fitted for expensive dresses and evening gowns Master Zayn would be buying for the each of us. It was tedious to stand on my feet all day, facing the three-way mirror they had set up in my closet and trying on all the things they had thrown at me.

The most aggressive was the renowned designer that Zayn had hired to make the dresses. The designer ruthlessly forced me to try on dress after dress, giving me a look of disapproval each time the dress didn't quite look flawless.

By the time it was afternoon, I was exhausted, and I didn't have the energy to try on another dress Samuel, the dresser, threw at me. Master Zayn had poked his head in the room a few times during the day to see how things were going, as he had done to ever other lesser slave who was in the same situation I was in.

Although we hadn't found an evening gown yet, I'd already settled on a cocktail dress for the preparatory party that was happening tonight. We were all to meet in the ballroom at exactly eleven o'clock, for a few refreshments and announcements.

"Few more dresses, Abigail, bear with me." Samuel ordered, throwing yet another dress at me. This one was white and flowy, but half of the back and waist were bared, covered by only a few thin slivers of silver material.

"Can I please just not? Can't I just wear that red dress I tried on a hour ago? I think it was good enough!" Plopping down onto my bed in just my undergarments, I sighed, exasperated.

"No, it wasn't good enough. Just try this one on for me!" He ordered, and I rolled my eyes as I obeyed his order.

"Uh-uh, bra off. This one needs a gel bra, you can't have the straps showing!"

I rolled my eyes once again, before shyly removing my black satin bra and pulling up my arms to my chest to cover my exposed self. I quickly grapped up the dress and slipped it on and over my curves. I adjusted it a bit - the material fit snugly against my curves.

"Hands up, I need to make adjustments to the sides."

I raised my hands into the air and Samuel got to work, immediately pushing pins into the dress as he adjusted the shape of the dress to fit my physique exactly. As he slowly worked the fabric to perfection, my thoughts drifted to the conversation I had with Perrie and Elle yesterday. I had gotten up and left the entertainment room to go talk to Harry, but I had chickened out at the last minute and instead, returned back to my room. But today, I swore to find him and apologize. Even if it meant I had to injure myself to have an excuse to go to the hospital wing.

He worked quickly, and I stood patiently, admiring the dress in the mirror. The exposed back, shoulders, and waist had me cringing at something so provocative.

"Sam, I don't think I can wear this dress. It's too....too much." I started.

He stepped away from me, and gave me a stupefied look. "What are you talking about? This dress is perfect!"