Laced - Chapter 19 (An Embarrassment to Remember)

Disclaimer: This was written over 10 years ago, and the author no longer agrees with many of the concepts found in this story. Some of the content will be cringey and/or problematic. Please remember this is entirely fictional and does not represent the author's beliefs.

Twitter: dazzleizzy

Copyright © 2012-2022

~~

After a few minutes of silent glaring, he let his head fall into his hands, and he groaned.

I looked down at my fingers, twiddling my thumbs nervously. At first I was worried as to how Zayn would react to me talking back to him like I did, but now I was freaking out because he didn't react.

He took a deep breath, massaging his temples at the same time to calm himself.

"Say something." I whispered, pleading. If he wanted to punish me or kick me out or whatever, I didn't even care anymore. I just couldn't take the suspense anymore.

"What do you want me to say, Abigail?" His voice came out strained, as if he was struggling to remain in control.

"Anything." I said, my voice still just above a whisper.

He let out a frustrated sigh. "You piss me off."

I let out a nervous chuckle. "Well, that's a start."

"Shut up." He snapped, his chocolate eyes piercing into mine.

I ran a hand through my hair, contemplating what I should do next. Sitting up on the bed, I played with the hem of Harry's t-shirt I was wearing.

I stood up, clearing my throat as I grasped the edges of the shirt. "So, you're upset that I'm wearing this shirt, right?"

Don't do it, don't do it, don't do it.

He looked up at me, a questioningly look on his face.

Don't do i-

Swiftly, I pulled the t-shirt up and over my head, holding it in my hand and waving it at him. "Then you can have it."

He looked at me warily. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing." I felt my face heat up as Zayn tensed at my sudden, bold move.

"Catch." I said, and tossed the shirt at him. A hand flew out and snatched it out of the air surprisingly fast.

"Abigail." He said sternly. I watched him as his fingers let go of the shirt, allowing it to fall to the ground.

I batted my eyelashes innocently, walking over to him. "What?"

His eyes fell to my breasts, which were covered by the thin, silky black bra I was wearing. It was little, naturally leaving little to the imagination.

"Are you trying to seduce me?"

I paused, blushing. "I don't know."

"No. I'm not going to touch you. Put the shirt back on." He crossed his arms. "Honestly, Abigail." He shook his head in disapproval.

I bit my lip, hard. I winced as I felt my teeth break the skin, drawing blood. But that was nothing compared to the sting of rejection I felt.

Tears sprung from my eyes, and I felt stupid for even thinking that I could try to get Zayn to like me by acting confident.

I had watched Perrie - Zayn's probably most favored slave - and how she acted, how she spoke, how she held herself. And the most prominent characteristic about her was her confidence.