Laced - Chapter 23 (Eating Guiltily)

Disclaimer: This was written over 10 years ago, and the author no longer agrees with many of the concepts found in this story. Some of the content will be cringey and/or problematic. Please remember this is entirely fictional and does not represent the author's beliefs.

Twitter: dazzleizzy

Copyright © 2012-2022

--

I walked into the dining hall, where I saw Master Zayn was already seated in his regular chair. When his eyes fell on me, he motioned over for me to sit next to him.

I quickly made my way over next to him, glancing at Perrie, who sat on the other side of him. She kept her head down, biting her lip and twiddling her fingers repeatedly.  

As I took my chair, Master Zayn gave me a quick nod of approval. "I see that you've dressed in something more appropriate." He commented.  

"As you asked." I said curtly. I was still upset with him.  

As the last few girls walked in, the servants showed up with dishes in their hands, on the sides of the hall.  

As they took their seats, I noticed that there were a specific set of green eyes that had not joined us for dinner.   Harry.  

My stomach twisted uncomfortably, and I ducked my head down, feeling guilty.   Finally the servants walked up to us, serving our meals.  

"Evening, Miss Abigail. Here is your dinner."  

As he set down the plate in front of me, I thanked him, and then looked down at my plate.  

Fettuccine noodles were plated elegantly, topped with Alfredo sauce and chicken. I smiled to myself - finally a dinner that I enjoyed.  

A low hum of murmurs came from everyone who were conversating, however, I didn't say much. I kept to myself and picked at my food.  

"Are you okay, Abigail?" Zayn asked, glancing at me nibbling at my food.  

"Just fine." I shrugged. However, the guilt was eating away at me, keeping me from eating away at my dinner.  

Suddenly, the dining hall door opened, and everyone quieted, looking up at who had barged in.   Harry walked stiffly, his head down as he made his way to his usual seat. When he finally sat down in his chair, I couldn't help but notice he sat awkwardly, keeping his back from touching the chair.  

"Nice of you to join us, Mr. Styles." Master Zayn announced.  

Harry just merely nodded, and looked down at the plate he was being served.  

Images of how I'd found Harry earlier today flashed through my mind, and I grimaced at my thoughts.   Bile rose up in my throat, and I knew I was going to be sick.

I pushed my plate away from me, putting a hand to my mouth.  

"Excuse me!" I shot up quickly, running out of the dining hall as quickly as I could. I just barely caught the confused expression on Zayn's face, and everyone else's curious ones.  

As I rushed out of the hall, I kept my head down. And then, I collided with something, hard.  

As I pulled away, I saw that it was Louis, who towered over me. "Are you okay?" He asked, worry in his smooth features.  

I shook my head violently. "I'm going to be sick! Bathroom!"  

"Oh! Closest bathroom is - come!" He grabbed my arm, pulling me and running back the way he had come from. As I tried to focus on not throwing up before I reached the bathroom, I glanced at my surroundings. We were heading up the upper slaves' wing, quickly.