Laced - Chapter 46 (Little Shit, Big Shit)

Disclaimer: This was written over 10 years ago, and the author no longer agrees with many of the concepts found in this story. Some of the content will be cringey and/or problematic. Please remember this is entirely fictional and does not represent the author's beliefs.

Twitter: dazzleizzy

Copyright © 2012-2023

~~

Caleb's POV

I could feel that Abby was uneasy with me, especially as I became overly affectionate. Of course, she was only a slave, and she couldn't deny a freed person, and so I took advantage of that.

Of course, I meant no harm to her, and I didn't care for her other that just a friend, but it was all part of my plan to get Zayn to spill, so I did what I had to do.

I bid her a good night as I stepped out of her room. She'd taken ibuprofen from the hospital, and I'd used the bathroom, and then I walked her back to her bedroom.

Right as I set foot into the ballroom, a smirk pulled at my lips, and I ran a hand through my hair to make it look messy. My other hand came up to the dress shirt I was wearing, and I unbutton the first few buttons, leaving the impression that I had been making out with someone.

I roamed the ballroom aimlessly, my eyes searching for Zayn.

Someone, drunk as ever, bumped into me, and then burst into laughter and set a hand on my shoulder to steady themselves.

My eyes scan from the hand that rested on me, to the man's face, and then I realize that this is the man that was causing all of Zayn's troubles, all of our troubles. Sykes.

I shoved his hand off me in repulsion, glaring at him. His eyes were glazed and bloodshot, and he had a lazy smile plastered on his face. "Fuck off, dude. Not cool, man."

"Sorry." He slurs, and stumbles away from me.

That disgusting fucker.

As I step backwards away from him, I bump into somebody.

"Ahh, Zoozoo. How've you been?" I tease. I know I'm getting on his nerves, but I'm having too much fun annoying the shit out of him.

He glares at me, his fists are clenched. "Stop calling me that, you little shit."

I burst out laughing. "You know you love me."

"Uh-huh." He nods sarcastically, and rolls his eyes. "What took you so long, anyways?"

I bite down on my cheek to keep myself from laughing some more, and cock an eyebrow. "Spending time...with a special someone." I gesture to my hair and unbuttoned dress shirt.

His immediate reaction wasn't what I was expecting. I had expected to nonchalantly brush me off, give me the finger once more, and tell me to fuck off again.

Instead, his eyes scan up and down me, zeroing in on my messed up hair and unbuttoned shirt, and they narrow to slits. "Caleb, what the fuck were you doing?" He roars.

Several people around us notice something's gone awry, and they turn to look at us. Zayn plays it off casually, apologizing immediately with a small 'excuse us' and then grabbing my arm forcefully and yanking me to the balcony doors.

I've got a smirk plastered on my face, because this reaction was much, much better than I could've hoped for.

"Who the fuck were you with?" Zayn raises his voice again after he's pulled me outside and closed the door. He's absolutely furious. He fists my dress shirt, pulling on it. "Why the hell is this unbuttoned? Talk!"