Laced - Chapter 47 (Flirtations and Drunken Mistakes)

Disclaimer: This was written over 10 years ago, and the author no longer agrees with many of the concepts found in this story. Some of the content will be cringey and/or problematic. Please remember this is entirely fictional and does not represent the author's beliefs.

Twitter: dazzleizzy

Copyright © 2012-2023

~~

Amber's POV

"I'm exhausted." I sigh, bending down to take off my shoes. "Help me with the dress?" I ask Niall.

He's across his room, quiet as ever, pulling off his grey blazer, fumbling with buttons on his white dress shirt. He doesn't reply, but silently makes his way over to me. I turn my back towards him, and raise my arms up a little.

He runs his fingertips across the length of my bared back until the reached the tip of my zipper, leaving goosebumps in their wake. I close my eyes as he slowly brings the zipper down.

Soft lips press down onto my neck, and his hands pull the down the aqua colored dress. I turn around, peck his lips and then grab one of Niall's plain t-shirts from on top of his hamper and pull it over my head.

When he's down to his soft gray sweatpants and wifebeater, I head over to Niall's bed to tuck in the sheets and tidy it up a bit. When I turn around, he's not there anymore.

"Niall?"

He steps out of his bathroom, and ruffles a hand through his hair.

"Niall, are you...okay?" I ask cautiously, stepping closer to him and resting a hand on his waist.

"Fine." He exhales. "Just a bit tired. Let's go to sleep, yeah?"

"Okay. Turn off the lights?" I ask, and I pad back to the bed. He flicks off the lights, and joins me underneath the comforter.

I know something's wrong when he doesn't make a move to pull me closer to him or throw an arm around my waist, so instead, I roll closer to his side, and poke his shoulder.

A blue eye flicks open.

"Niall, are you okay? What's wrong?" I roll onto my side, supporting my weight on an elbow.

He sighs, and rubs his eyes. "Yeah, a bit tired though."

"Is something bothering you?" I ask.

When he slowly sits up, he frowns, and nods slowly. "Kinda, actually."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

He shakes his head. "Not really."

I frown, and suddenly I feel a sinking feeling in my stomach. Perhaps this had to do with him not winning? I shake my head, that can't be right. He was so happy for me earlier.

I sit up, and press a slow kiss to his lips, tasting the champagne on it. He hesitates at first, but then responds. When I pull away, I rest my forehead against his. "Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?"

"Positive."

"Okay..." I say slowly, and suddenly I feel sick to my stomach. Something was wrong, but he wouldn't tell me.

"Don't worry about it, though, babe. Come here." He says, and then pulls me into his arms as he lays back down onto the mattress.

I'm a little relieved that he's not angry with me or something like that, so I let out a short breath and lay back down with him. "Good night, Ni."

After a long, long minute, he replies. "Good night."

--

Abby's POV