Laced - Chapter 12 (Incognito Personalities)

Disclaimer: This was written over 10 years ago, and the author no longer agrees with many of the concepts found in this story. Some of the content will be cringey and/or problematic. Please remember this is entirely fictional and does not represent the author's beliefs.

Twitter: dazzleizzy

Copyright © 2012-2022

"Let me go!" I tried to scream, but I couldn't move my lips. "Please!"

He moved in closer to me, his eyes threatening. He licked his lips, and I backed up. "Try and get away now." He mocked me. "No one is here to help you."

"Please, just let me go! I'll do anything!" I pleaded.

"Hmm....I don't think so." An evil grin settled on his face, and he slowly pulled out a gun.

He pointed the end of the barrel at me, and I looked at it warily.

"Say goodbye, Abby." He pulled the trigger.

"Please, don-"

BAM.

I jerked awake with a startled gasp. "Don't!" I shrieked, my heart thumping erratically. I panted, realizing that I was no longer dreaming. I winced in pain - my head was pounding.

A pair of arms wrapped around me tighter, and he pressed his lips to my temple. "Hey, shhhhhh." Zayn whispered softly. "You okay?"

I shook my head, wiping away my tears. I let out a shaky breath, and he rested his chin in the crook of my neck.

"It was just a dream." He soothed me.

Suddenly, I felt his arms withdraw from me, and he turned me around so that I was facing him in his bed.

Wrapping his arms around me once more, Zayn pulled me against him. I buried my face into his chest, and tangled my legs with his. I inhaled his scent, scrunching up my eyebrows in attempt to release some pain from my head.

He placed a soft kiss to my hair, and then pulled a finger under my chin so that I would look up at him.

He pressed a thumb to my face, wiping away my remaining tears.

I let out a shaky breath. "Sorry for waking you." I apologized, feeling stupid.

"Don't worry about it." He slowly pressed his lips to mine, carefully and softly.

I instantly reacted, kissing him back and moving my hands up his chest and to his messy jet-black hair, careful of the brace on my wrist and fingers.

I attacked his lips hungrily, and he let out a low growl, vibrations from his growl tickling my lips.

I winced in pain again, and he pulled away. "Sorry, I forgot...your head hurts?" He apologized.

I frowned. "A bit."

He stilled for a minute, closing his eyes. A small frown settled on his lips, and I couldn't help but wonder what was on his mind.

Snuggling closer into him, I inhaled his cologne appreciatively. He held me in his arms for a few minutes, his eyes closed and his breath slowing. Finally I relaxed, again wishing my headache would go away so that I could enjoy this moment.

Suddenly, he shifted, pulling away from me and turning around. I looked at him, confused, until I realized he was checking the time.

"It's seven." He informed me.

"Are you hungry?" He asked after a few minutes of a comfortable silence.

I shook my head. "No, it's fine." I lied, mostly because I didn't want to go downstairs and leave Zayn's level of the mansion. I don't know why, but I had a feeling I probably wouldn't be up here again. And I was almost sure my head would hurt worse if I got up.