Laced - Chapter 34 (Chocolate)

Disclaimer: This was written over 10 years ago, and the author no longer agrees with many of the concepts found in this story. Some of the content will be cringey and/or problematic. Please remember this is entirely fictional and does not represent the author's beliefs.

Twitter: dazzleizzy

Copyright © 2012-2023

~~

Harry's POV

I ran a hand through my hair, making my way back to my bedroom. I turned into my hallway, a small smile on my face as I thought of tomorrow. Tomorrow would be an interesting day, and I had been working on my vocals on the songs I had chosen for each round these past few days.

As I stepped closer to my room, my eyes fell upon a slight figure curled up on the outside of my door, head in between knees and legs hugged to their chest.

Her platinum head shot up at the sound of my footsteps, and she looked relieved.

"Perrie?" I asked, my eyebrows scrunching up in confusion. "What are you doing here? You didn't go to the announcement party?"

Using the heel of her hands, she pushed herself off the floor, standing up and straightening herself. She shook her head, and when she finally looked up at me, I could see that her thick eyeliner was smeared with tears. She wore pajama pants much too big for her, and a t-shirt that also didn't quite fit her small frame.

Before I asked her why she was upset, I decided to test the waters with another question.

"You know that you don't have to wait to go inside my room? You can just go in...I don't mind." I say, brushing past her and pushing my door open. I walk into the large room, bringing my hand up to flick the lights on.

"Come in." I gesture to Perrie with my hand, then pull off my blazer and throw it onto my bed.

She hesitantly followed me inside, picking at her fingernails nervously. I kicked off the black dress shoes I had been wearing, picking them up and heading to the closet to put them away. When I returned from the closet, Perrie had taken a seat on my bed, her knees pulled up to her chest again.

"I'mma change, okay, and I'll be right out. You okay?" I asked.

She gave me a small smile, a pained one. Not one that met her eyes, and lit up her bright blue eyes like a real smile would have. When she didn't answer, I turned around to make my way to my closet to change out of these uncomfortable slacks.

When I returned, my eyes searched the room for Perrie, and then I realized she was gone.

"What the hell?' I muttered to myself, confused by her actions. Not one night had gone by since the first time she stayed in my room that she hadn't stayed with me. Several times she'd try to stay in her own room, to prove a point that she didn't need anyone, but night after night, she'd always end up in my room, frustrated tears streaming down her face.

I rolled my eyes, knowing she had probably gone back to her room because she was embarrassed, wanting to keep her dignity...but honestly, I didn't mind. I didn't think any less of her. I honestly couldn't blame her.

I quickly made my way to the light switch, turning it off and heading back to my bed. Once I threw the covers over myself, I put my arms up behind my head, waiting for Perrie to try to sneak back into my room unnoticed.

Perrie's POV

I grasped the glass of water in my hand tightly, slowly making my way back to Harry's room. There were barely any people left in the halls - everyone had called it a night after a long day of preparations for tomorrow's grand party. Honestly, I saw no need in going to the announcement party tonight - I've been here since the beginning, and I knew exactly what we would be told and what rules we'd have to follow. Honestly, I don't even know how I'm going to perform tomorrow, when all I really want to do is curl up in my room and never wake up.