An Unexpected Surprise (Cody Christian x Reader)

Warnings: Arguments, being accused of cheating, some curse words

Author's Note: From now on, all Theo and Cody imagines will be in my "Theo Raeken & Cody Christian Imagines" Book. Be sure to add the book to your library to new imagines.

Cody's POV

The first sign

It's funny how time flies by when you're not looking at the clock, but when you do watch the clock, time seems to move slower. I drummed my fingers against the kitchen table as I slowly watched the second hand take its sweet time to move around the clock. Y/N was 29 minutes late. She's never late and I was beginning to get worried something might have happened. If she was working late, she would have called or texted me to let me know. But tonight, she didn't and I couldn't help but think of the worst.

Just give her one more minute, I thought to myself as I pulled out my phone. Instead of looking at the clock on the wall, I looked at the time on the phone. Why must the last minute take the longest?

The second the clock read 8pm, my thumbs quickly moved to dial her number. Before I could press the call button, the front door opened. Y/N walked in, quickly put her bags by the door, and rushed over to the kitchen while taking off her heels. "I'm so sorry I'm late." She leaned in and pressed a soft kiss on my cheek before I could get up from the chair.

"Babe, I was getting worried. Why didn't you call?" I asked.

"Baby, I'm sorry," she apologized as she leaned over from behind and wrapped her arms around my neck. "Something came up last minute at work and I just got so caught up with it. I completely lost track of time."

I turned around and looked at her. Her eyes were so bright and her lips formed my favorite smile in the whole world. I could never be mad at her. I smiled back at her as she leaned in and kissed me. I kissed her back as I cupped her cheek. She smiled into the kiss before pulling back. "It smells amazing in here."

"That's because I made your favorite. Let me heat it up and we'll eat," I stood up and walked over to the stove.

"Seriously, you're the best. I don't know what I've done to deserve you."

Before I could respond, her phone rang. She looked at the screen and quickly pulled it to her chest, trying to shield it from me. "Baby, I gotta take this phone call. It's work. I'm gonna change and I'll be right back."

She quickly rushed out of the kitchen with her heels in her hand. That was unusual for her to do. Anytime someone called from work when she was home, she'd let it go to voicemail and deal with it later as she is off the clock. I shook it off thinking maybe it had to do with whatever she was swamped with that caused her to be late for dinner.

The second sign

I rinsed off the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. Y/N hadn't come down for breakfast and I was beginning to wonder what was talking her so long. She was going to be late for work if she didn't get out of the bedroom within the next five minutes. Before going up to check on her, I quickly grabbed a bottle of orange juice and a protein bar from the pantry.

I walked up the stairs and noticed the door was slightly open. I heard her feet pacing back and forth on the wooden floor. As I got closer to the door, I heard her speaking low. "No, Cody can't find out about this."

My eyebrows furrowed together. We never hid anything from one another. We'd been together for 2 years and we always told each other the truth, no matter what. I was hurt by her words, but a bigger part of me was more curious as to what she had to say. I leaned in closer to the door to hear the rest of the conversation.