Not the End of the World (Jackson Whittemore x Reader)

Jackson lay back on the hospital bed, his left arm was stiff and pressed against his stomach as his free hand was locked with Y/N's. With his eyes closed, he silently prayed the doctor wouldn't come in with bad news. Y/N's eyes scanned every inch of Jackson's worried face. Hard lines formed on his forehead as his eyebrows furrowed together. The bottom of his long eyelashes touched the top of his high cheekbones, and his lips were pressed together. Her free hand was massaging his hair, enjoying his soft hair between her fingers. Although he was upset, possibly even furious, she couldn't help but love how adorable he looked.

"Alright," Melissa walked in with a few x-ray films. Jackson winced and hissed as he quickly sat up. He placed his hand on his other arm and to his chest. Y/N stood next to Jackson and placed her hand on his knee, squeezing it a little to reassure him everything would be okay.

"It's not good," Melissa placed the x-ray films up and flipped the x-ray machine light switch on. She pointed at the bone that had been snapped in two. "You broke your arm. We're going to have to put a cast on and you'll be out for about 3 months."

"3 months?!" Jackson asked in disbelief. "That's the entire season. Is there any way I can play with a broken arm?"

Melissa shook her head. "I'm sorry, Jackson, but you can't."

Warm tears filled his eyes. "But it's my first year as captain. No sophomore has ever made captain."

"I'm sorry, honey," Melissa patted his shoulder. "There's nothing else we can do other than letting your arm heal on its own with a cast."

Jackson let out a frustrated sigh before nodding. Melissa grabbed the films before walking out the door, "Dr. McCartney will be in shortly to put your cast on."

"I don't fucking believe it," Jackson growled when Melissa closed the door behind her.

Y/N stood in front of him and placed her hands on his cheeks, bringing him to look at her. "You're going to be okay."

"No, I'm not."

"You're fine. It's just a broken arm-"

"But that means I can't play!"

"I know, babe, and it fudging sucks." She agreed.

Jackson smiled at her words. "You're cute when you use other words as curse words."

Y/N smiled and leaned in, pressing her forehead against his. "Don't try and change the subject by being cute yourself."

Jackson grinned before pecking her lips. His grin instantly disappeared when he pulled back. Y/N knew Jackson breaking his arm and missing the entire season would have him wallowing in self-pity.

"Babe," Jackson hummed a 'yeah'. She lifted his chin to look at her once more. "So, you broke your arm. It's not the end of the world, babe."

"It's the end of my world," he grumbled.

"You still got me," she smiled softly.

Jackson's lips turned up into a small smile before turning into a smirk. "But you'll take care of me, right?" He scooted over to the edge of the hospital bed to make room for her.

"Of course," She smiled as she slowly cuddled against his side, his good arm wrapped around her as her arm draped over his torso, drawing random shapes on his chest. "My cuddles have a healing effect, ya know."

"Is that so?" He chuckled as he pulled her in a little tighter.

"Yes, I cuddle with warmth and love." She looked up at him with a smile. Jackson pressed a soft kiss to her forehead. "I'll go to your house every day after school, help feed you your food, and change your clothes like a baby."

"I'm not a baby," Jackson narrowed his eyes at her. "I can take care of myself. I only need cuddles and some loving from you."

She sighed dramatically, "I guess that means no sponge baths."

"Sponge baths? You were going to help me shower?" His eyebrow quirked up.

"Well, yeah, given that you're handicap and all, I'm sure you'll need help in the shower... But you don't need my help," she said flirtatiously but also nonchalantly as she patted his chest and sat up.

"No, no, no," Jackson said quickly, sitting up next to her. "Who am I to stop you from showering with me?"

She bit her bottom lip, trying to fight back the giggle. "Do you feel better?" Jackson tilted his head, wondering what she meant by her question. "You may be hurt and out for the season, but it's not the end of the world. Who knows, you might enjoy your healing and recovering process," Her fingers lingered around his torso under his shirt.

Jackson leaned in and captured her lips for a soft kiss. His hand cupped her cheek as he looked in to her beautiful eyes. "My little nurse."

"I need to buy the outfit," she smirked.

"God, I love you," Jackson leaned in for a deep and passionate kiss, making her smile. She pulled back, "I love you, too."