chapter twenty-three

Rory's pov

When harry and his mum left I took a deep breath before sitting down on the stage. I tired my best to not let what harry said get to me. But it's hard when the person you though cared for you says it'd be better if you weren't around then it hurts. It hurts really bad.

"You know he didn't mean that Rory." Niall said sitting down next to me.

"I'm not so sure of that." I replied, shrugging my shoulders.

"What makes you say that ?" Zayn asked, confused.

"Zayn he was giving me death glares. I honestly don't think it'd be wise for us to do a duet anymore, especially a love one at that seeming as one of us wishes the other wasn't here." I replied standing up.

"Lets just cool off for a while and see how the day pans out. If you still feel this way in a few hours then we need to go and run with simon first." Liam said.

"Okay, but I highly doubt anything drastic will happen between then and now. I mean we'd need some sort or miricale to change my mind." I replied

"Don't worry, everything will be fine. You have nothing to worry about." Louis said, placing his arm across my shoulder.

"We'll soon find out won't we." I relied, smiling at louis, "I'll catch you guys later. " I added before heading backstage.

I needed to speak to someone who I know will ease my mind.

Harry's pov

To be honest with you I was shitting myself when my mum showed up. I know I'm in big trouble when she won't talk to me.

"Mum talk to me." I pleaded, trying to get her to stop walking.

She just shook her head.

"Look I know what I said was uncalled for, but you don't know the whole story."

"Don't give me that harry." She replied before opening a door that lead into an empty room excluding a couch and a tv.

"What am I supposed to do then."

"Sit down." Mum ordered. I knew better than to argue or say anything so I just did what I was told.

"Now I'm going to talk and you're going to listen. I don't want to be interrupted. So don't. Got it." She said standing in front of me.

I just nodded. Here we go.

"What I just witnessed before is not the harry I know. Nor the harry I raised. I don't know what gave you the right to even say that to that girl. I mean for heVen sake harry I taught you better than to be megative to women let alone the girl who you used to date. I mean what gives. I didn't teach you or raise you to become like that so I don't know what's gotten into you."

"You don't know the whole story though." I said

"Harry I've heard what's been going on and who has come back into your life recently. I mean what were you thinking. You laid a hand on that girl. "

I almost forgot about that. I tried to push that memory to the neck of my head. I mean it was easy since neither Rory or the lads brought it up. So for my mum to bring it back up is quite overwhelming to say the least.

"I didn't mean to. I was just degrnifing Taylor which it seems that no one us do inning. So I'm the only one that is."

"Harry don't you think there's a reason why the boys are defending Rory and not Taylor?" Mum asked.

"No which is why I get so frustrated and angry. I mean she practically has the boys wrapped around her fingers." I replied.

"You did not just say that." Mum barked.

"What did I do?" I asked confused.

"You are unbelievable. I don't know where this new harry came from but I don't like him one bit. I don't even know who you are anymore." Mum replied shaking her.i felt my throat closing up. I never wanted to hear those words come out of my mums mouth.

"I'm still the same harry. I haven't changed." I replied, trying to keep my emotions in tack.

"No you're not. You've changed. I saw how you were when you and Rory were darting. Harry I've never seen you so happy with a girl like the way you were with her."

"We weren't really dating. We were pretending to date." I argued.

"Doesn't matter whether it was a real or fake relationship.mot doesn't change the fact that when you were with her you look happy. You were the same harry you were before the accident."

"Can you keep your voice down. Someone could hear you. " I hissed. I didn't mean to snap at my mum but I hate talking about my past more than anything.

"Look harry. It wasn't my intention to bring that up but you gave me no choice. I just don't understand how someone that made you smile brighter than the sun turn into the person who you don't want to be anywhere near you." Mum replied.

"Taylor hates Rory." I said simply.

"So you're acting this way towards Rory because Taylor doesn't like her." She asked, raising her eyebrow at me.

I didn't say a word. I mean of course I don't hate Rory. The opposite really, but I just... Argh I don't know.

"That's pathetic harry. You and I both know that. I mean can't you think for yourself or does Taylor do that for you to?"

"Of course I can."

"Oh for god sake harry. Wake up."

"What are you talking about?"

"Never mind. I don't even know what to say to you anymore. The sooner you realise what you're doing and who you're hurting the better." Mum replied, shaking her head.

"Are you disappointed in me?"I asked,my voice trembling.

"I don't think you want me to answer that." Mum relied, before standing up.

"No you're right." I replied, standing up with her.

"Now let's head back out there. There's a certain girl I'd like to meet." Mum said.

"How long are you here for?" I asked.

"Trying to get rid of me already?" She replied,cheekily.

"Course not." I replied,shaking my head.

"I'll be here as long as I'm needed her." She replied, before heading out the door, I followed close behind.