chapter thirty-eight

Rory POV

It's been a few days since zayn and I talked about what happened a few months ago about Taylor and Derrick being siblings. 

Also,the plan is coming along but I don't know how reliable the information we've gathered is going to help me whether or not Taylor is going to take any actions further . But knowing her she will.

I mean why else would I be back at the police station again.

It's an odd feeling sitting here. No way to run or turn to. It's exhausting. It's trying being asked the same questions every hour for how ever long I've been here. Looking at the clock on the wall it's been about five.

I know how this goes. I've seen enough crime shows to know why they ask the same questions every hour or word the question differently. It's their attempt to get a different answer and run with it and try to pin it back to what you're being accused of.

Which for me is plagiarism.

I mean who knew it'd be this extensive for a song that isn't even out yet.

I mean it is my song so you'd think I know if it was released.

"When can I go?" I asked, sighing for what has felt like the millionth time.

"Soon." The officer replied.

"Look I've told you everything I know. I've answered your questions honestly. What more do you want?"

"The truth. I mean aren't you tired? Don't you want to go back to the others?"

"I've told you the truth and to answer your questions I would like to leave a good get something to eat seeming as you lot don't offer people food."

"My apologies. What would you like?"

Suddenly the door to the interrogation room opened revealing Simon.

"Don't you think you've kept her here long enough?" He asked, eyeing the officer who sat across from me.

"I suppose so. " the officer replied before getting up and leaving with out a much of a goodbye. Not that I was bothered if he says it or not. I was just glad to be leaving this hell.

"Thank you." I replied, standing up brushing the invisible dust off my pants.

"Don't need to thank me. " simian replied ushering me out the room which I was more than happy to oblige to.

We both walked out the police station to be met by chase who had taken me here earlier. When I got here the sun had just reached it's peak but it was now dark, proof of how I've been here.

"Here." Chase said handing me a sandwich.

"Thank you." I replied before farewelling Simon who wished us a safe journey home.

"Would you like to take a drive somewhere to get some air of would you rather go home?" Chase asked once in the car with the heating turned on full blast.

"A drive sounds great." I replied.

Pulling off into the darkness felt like some crazy dream where all you could hear was the sound of the radio compared to the sound of a clock ticking and the smell of sweat which has consumed the air in the interrogation room.

Soon enough the combination of both the soft hum of whatever song was playing and the warm air from the heater lulled me to sleep.

Sand which forgotten just a few feet away.