chapter seventeen

It's crazy to think that stepping out onto a stage can help calm your nerves. I know for a lot of people it's the complete opposite. It just makes everything better and so much clearer and you don't have to think about anything else other than that moment in time. You don't have to worry about what's going on in your personal life of what challenges you're facing. It's an escape from reality, at least for the hour I'm on stage throughout the show.

"It's so good to see you all here tonight. There's so many of you. "I spoke into the mic.

"I just wanted to start out by saying thank you to every single one of you for choosing to spend the night with myself and the boys. We all thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Without you all we wouldn't be here tonight. So I just wanted to say thank you and I hope you guys enjoy the show tonight. Oh and before I forget, I have a surprise for you all, but you guys will have to wait to find out what that is."

As I scanned the crowd before I took my place in the centre for the beginning of without you I saw a bunch of signs.

"I'm seeing a lot of signs out here tonight and can I just say you guys are crazily talented. The boys and I really appreciate you guys for taking the time out of your busy lives to make all of your amazing signs. I won't read some out since you guys are very cheeky, but don't worry I can see them all. Hello to Scott and Mandy. I love you guys too. And no Missy I can't do a cartwheel I'd probably break my back. I have terrible balance and upper body strength. I have scrawny arms but that okay. Yes Eric I do wipe my own ass. If any of you guys know where that is from yell as loud as you can, but if you don't know where that's from, then where have you been. I'm joking, but seriously that movie is amazing."

Nearly two thirds of the crowed screamed which nearly made me go deaf.

"That's what I like to hear. Thank you for the sign Eric. "I smiled as I pointed to him. I saw a guy next to him nudge his side before winking at him making Eric blush which I found really sweet.

"This is without you."

Meanwhile with Harry

Harry's pov

"You need to talk to her Harry. "I turned to see Niall walking towards me.

"There's no point Niall. Whatever we had is gone now. It's better off if we stay away from each other. "I replied, shrugging my shoulders.

"Better for who? You? Rory? Seriously harry."

"Look Niall I've already gotten a lecture about this from Zayn, I don't need one from you as well."

"Well don't you think if you've already been spoken to about this from Zayn and now me that you should go and do something about it instead of just sitting in here watching her from backstage like a sappy teenager."

"It's not like I can go on stage right now and talk to her can I."

"That's not what I meant and you know it. For god sake harry I'm trying to help you out here and you're pretending like its some joke. She loves you for fuck sake, grow some balls and tell her you love her too."

"She knows I do, but Taylor."

"Who gives a fuck about her? She's the reason why you and Rory aren't talking. She is the route of yours and Rory's problems!"

"I give a fuck about Taylor. And no she isn't. "I replied defending Taylor. I was so sick of people accusing her of the problems me and Rory have. I mean no one is saying its Rory's fault, only Taylor's.

"I don't understand why you always side with Taylor all the god damn time. You even sided with her about what happened with Louis. Louis would never do that to you. But, still to this day you believe Taylor over Louis who has been there for you since day one. I just don't get it. "

"I don't want to talk about what happened with Louis. Friends don't do that to one another."

"Louis wasn't just your friend. He was you best friend Harry."

"Which makes what he did hurts a whole lot more than if a friend were to do what he did."

"One of these days she's going to leave you all alone and you'll up and realise that no one is there because they'd been tired from dealing with all of your shit."

"Zayn said the same thing to me not long ago so I already know. But Taylor wouldn't leave me she wouldn't do that to me. She cares about me too much to do that."

"I'm done trying with you harry. So done."Niall said, shaking his head in disappointment before walking off leaving me alone with my own thoughts.

Back with Rory.

Rory's pov

I had just finished singing the scientist. The crowd had been so loud tonight. Even louder than last night which is definitely saying something. I thought I was gonna go deaf from their screams last night but I didn't, however; I definitely had the ringing in my ears when I was laying down in bed trying to go to sleep which eventually happened.

"Now for what you've all been waiting for as well as what I'm so nervous about since this is the first song I wrote when I turned eighteen so it was a few years ago. I kept it hidden because i.... we I don't technically know the reason why I didn't tell anyone about this song until I spoke with Simon who you all know and Derick who if you don't know who that is. He's the one who has helped me record my album he's heard all the songs on the album and some of the songs that didn't make the album. If it wasn't for Derrick I wouldn't have decided to have this song on my album so give it up for Derrick."

Everyone started cheering and chanting Derick's name. He wasn't here to night but I know someone would've recorded it and posted it on social media where Derrick would see it either later on tonight or tomorrow at some point.

"Anyway without further ado here's make you feel my love."

  When the rain is blowing in your face,
And the whole world is on your case,
I could offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love.

When the evening shadows and the stars appear,
And there is no one there to dry your tears,
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love.

I know you haven't made your mind up yet,
But I will never do you wrong.
I've known it from the moment that we met,
No doubt in my mind where you belong.

I'd go hungry; I'd go black and blue,
I'd go crawling down the avenue.
No, there's nothing that I wouldn't do
To make you feel my love.

The storms are raging on the rolling sea
And on the highway of regret.
The winds of change are blowing wild and free,
You ain't seen nothing like me yet.

I could make you happy, make your dreams come true.
Nothing that I wouldn't do.
Go to the ends of the Earth for you,
To make you feel my love