Chapter Eight - Part 7

************

“Productive citizens of The Movement,” announced Troy over The Movement’s universal Nanolense, still acting as President Barber. “I proudly announce to you that The City has finally surrendered. The terms of the surrender acknowledge that The Movement is the most powerful union on this planet, and they see no reason to continue their stubborn resistance. I applaud your efforts and the production from Major White’s Department of Defense.”

Troy slouched back in his seat, exhausted from the previous week’s long days and short sleep.

When is President Barber going to return? he asked himself silently before passing out.

Troy snapped back up into good posture, unaware he had fallen asleep. He checked the time in his Nanolense. Eight forty-five in the morning.

“I have been sleeping for over two hours?” he shouted aloud to himself.

“Mr. President?” said Major White through his Nanolense. “Mr. President?”

“Yes, sir,” said Troy, appearing to Major White as President Barber.

He rubbed his eyes free of his tiredness.

“Sir,” he said worriedly. “We have a small issue at the moment.”

“What is it?” asked Troy, sitting up in his seat.

“Since your announcement about The City’s surrender, there have been several citizens of The Movement who have performed treasonous acts. One male citizen skipped his work shift. He said he refused to support the violent acts that The Movement has imposed. Somehow he knows about the disease we spread over there. There are more out there, Mr. President. Some people are not agreeing with The Movement’s progress. We must,” he began.

“Shh,” hushed Troy. “Major, tell me the names of these citizens. I will call them in today to discuss the issues.”

“Yes, Mr. President,” concurred Major White, concerned.

Major White listed off several names, pausing in between each name.

“Paul Silliman. Jessica Thomas. Nathaniel Pyle. Frank Edgar. Kimberly Smith. Randall Billings. Elijah Lincoln. Sarah Kennedy. Carl Langford,” he listed.

“I’ll call them into my office today, Major. No need to worry,” winked Troy.

“Yes, sir. I’ll hear from you later, Mr. President,” said Major White before he disappeared from Troy’s Nanolense.