Chapter Four - Part 7

**********

Troy headed back to the hotel to meet up with Kim before traveling to the next rally in Salt Lake City. Hungry for a snack, he stopped in a gas station to purchase a bag of potato chips.

"Geez, I can get two bags of chips for the same price as a gallon of gas!" said Troy, to nobody in particular, referencing the gas station's pricing of gasoline at seven dollars and seventy-nine cents per gallon.

While checking out at the front desk, Troy peered up at the five-o'clock news above the clerk's head.

"Frank Edgar, the Inescapable Movement blogger, was arrested earlier today in his Salt Lake City apartment. The prominent journalist..."

"Did they just say Frank Edgar?" asked Troy aloud, dumbfounded.

"Why I belee' dey jus did say'at!" bellowed the clerk through the wide gaps in his black teeth.

Troy ignored the clerk's response. He knew what he heard the first time the television broadcasted it.

"Darn it!" mustered Troy under his breath, slamming his fist down against the counter.

"Is dere somfin' I ken halp you wiff, bub?" asked the clerk, concerned about Troy's aggression.

"No. No sir. Sorry to startle you," apologized Troy as he walked out the door.