Chapter Seven - Part 5

************

Troy awoke without notice. He did not move, only opening his eyes. The room was dark. He looked to his right, signaling the lights to turn on dimly. He looked to his left, signaling the lights to brighten. He flicked his wrist, upon which the center of his bed lifted up by the headboard until it formed a right angle with the floor, gently dumping Troy on his feet a few inches below. The floor tiles were warm, each step illuminating the room more than the last. The bed, elevating off the floor as if it were floating, lifted straight up into the ceiling. A shallow area was revealed, glistening in crystal-clear water. Troy removed his trousers, placing them in the small black box by the wall. He turned around and stepped into the warm water, then sunk down into the shallow bath. He lay down, enjoying the comforting currents swishing past his body. Bubbles emerged around the pool, coalescing around Troy’s body. The water turned neon purple. The sides of the pool lifted slightly above the shallow floor, draining the soapy water from the pool. Gusts of warm air blasted against Troy’s wet body, drying him. He lifted his nude body up from the empty pool, then walked back to the black box by the wall. He opened the box’s latch, a short puff of steam flushing out as he reached inside to fetch his trousers. Once again, he turned back around, standing just outside the ledge where the empty bath lay. His wardrobe dangled from beneath his bed. Once dressed, he tapped the wall with his fingers. Two of the walls quickly transitioned to transparent windows, the orange sunrise glaring through with ease. Prepared for the day, his wardrobe returned inside the ascended bed.

From the opaque wall, adjacent the door, a compact desk and chair unfolded gently. Troy took a seat, then touched the opaque wall behind his desk. The wall transformed into a large omnitouch screen. He again touched the screen, displaying a hologram of President Barber standing in his uniform.

“Am I late?” asked Troy, concerned.

“No, no,” replied the hologram of President Barber. “I just wanted to make sure I was ready when you were, Mr. Duckworth.”

“Fair enough. So, today is the day we see all of our planning put to use. Do you foresee any troubles today?” asked Troy.

“If there are troubles, I recommend; in fact, you or Dr. Hill should offer a tutorial to the cabinet members to instruct how to use the suites’ services. It will be quite new to some of them,” he said.

“I will do just that, Mr. President,” promised Troy.

“Regarding the citizens, today will be their first morning awaking in their suites. Some will be displeased by the basic rudiments offered to them; however, they will earn the technology as they go. Of course, each suite has current capability to perform like ours. They just need to earn it through a few years’ work,” said President Barber.

“Very well, then. I will send out an alarm here now,” said Troy.

“Good day, Mr. Duckworth,” said President Barber’s hologram as it disappeared into the wall.

Troy alerted his Nanolense to send out a mass message to each and every citizen of The Movement.

“Good morning, productive citizens!” said Troy. “I would like to interrupt your resting period to welcome you to your first day of your new missions. Everybody should report to their occupation by seven a.m. See you then. Good day.”