Chapter 12 part 1

I awake the next morning to silence in the apartment. I blink away the sleep clouding my vision. I stare at the ceiling wondering 'how the hell did i get here in my life?' I move the blankets away from my body letting the crisp cool morning air hit me.

I move towards the window and opened the curtains to see the view of the morning sun sitting just above the city buildings. The view took my breath away, bringing a smile to my face.

Giving my an optimistic view on the day.

Maybe I can even make it to breakfast with out even seeing Elle or Caelan.

I slowly open the door peaking from the crack I've made, but I couldn't see or hear any one as a matter of fact. I wonder where everyone could have gone off too, its not that early in the morning. I slowly creep down the hall making my way to the kitchen to get some food in my rumbling stomach, because I had fallen asleep so early I'm especially hungry now.

I make my way to the fridge the see what Caelan has in it.

And I must say fridge is a freaking cold mine containing anything I'm pretty sure a professional chef would go crazy for. I can just see it now the big white paper hat with the white outfit jumping up and down in slow motion, his mouth permanently in an 'o' shape, as he claps. I giggle at my thoughts closing the fridge and open the freezer to have the same image running through my mind, but this time I reach in with an evil grin playing on my face as I pull the box of toaster strudels out, and pop them in the toaster.

I don't usually eat toaster strudels but I had this certain craving for them since reading a certain note yesterday. I think I deserve a treat for putting up with caelans acting skills yesterday. I had actually thought that we he was at least trying to make the best of this situation and trying to be civil, but when Elle told me it was all an act for his grandfather I'm not going to lie it kind of hurt.

At the pop of the strudels I quickly put them on a plate careful not to burn my fingers and take a seat at the kitchens island counter. In a flash I'm smearing the icing on the pastry and devouring it.

After Ive finished my breakfast and cleansed the dishes that I used and that were in the sink, I have no idea what to do next.

Well I should at least change my clothes, I've been wearing them since yesterday.

maybe I should take a shower too.

As I'm walking back to my room door I see a note with my name on it taped to my door. I guess I missed it when I was trying to be "stealthy" to running into any of my.... Roommates. I honestly have no idea what to even call this living situation we're all in.

I rip the note open. It pretty much just explains that he's left for work, didn't want to wake me up, and asking if I could take his dog for a walk because he had been running late for work this morning, and his dog apparently only likes a handful of people and I'm one of them, and blah, blah, blah, so on and so forth.

I sigh placing the note on my night stand. Well I guess this at least gives me something to do rather then just sitting around doing nothing.

Maybe I'll even get Katy and Eva to do go on a lunch break together with rhi and I.

I quickly texted everyone and they all agreed to meet up rhi's photo shoot because she was the only one that worked today. When I go I might as well bring Zeus with me too. But if he makes any move to hump my leg today he's out of luck and will have to wait until Caelan gets back to take home for a walk.

I quickly hop into the shower and let all the stress of this week drain from my body. Ive feeling as if I've just been wound up in a tight coil and it it's slowly being released as the water pounds on ,my tense muscles.

I hop out of the shower quickly wrapping the huge, fluffy towel around myself.

I got a glance at myself in the mirror as I made my way to the door, and pause. Do I really look that nerdy? I remember a short time in my life where I was the one always wore all the newest trends before anyone else. I shake my head, but that also caused attention to be drawn to me, and that's something I don't want to happen again not after last time. Am i making my friends worry about me? I don't want to be worrying my friends.

Maybe I'll wear something different today to show they don't need to worry about me.

I quickly run into my bag and throw on a matching pair of white under garments.

Rummaging through my bag I quickly pull out a flouncy lilac tank, white skinny jeans, and my brown military leather jacket.

I quickly put them on, grab my make up bag and head into the bathroom. I brush my hair out till my blonde hair lands in soft waves.

I apply bit of eye liner and mascara to pronounce my eyes a bit more, and just a touch of lip gloss.

Thankfully I guess I wasn't as attractive for this king kong of a dog today because he just ran over to me and licked my hand. Almost as if he were trying to apologizing and asking to be friends. I just patted his head and gave him a little smile. I grabbed the leash off the desk and got zeus ready to go.

We got out of the building with out any trouble, but as soon as we hit the street the dog is practically dragging me along with him. It's definitely a race to keep up with him.

"Zeus, stop!" I shout out but he just kept running faster. Next thing I know the leash is yanked and I lose my grip on the leash, and he's running right into the middle of the street.

In panic my voice took on an authoritative tone, "zeus, stop, sit!"

Luckily he did but right in the middle of the street. Gratefully there are no cars. I quickly run over slowly pick up the leash gingerly I don't want him to bolt off again. An exhausted sigh is released from my mouth.

"hey! Watch out!" I heard someone yell distantly, or at least at a distant compared to the sounds of a horn blaring through the air. The screeching of the tires as they skidded on the road trying to stop the vehicle from making contact with my body.

Pure fear has me frozen in my spot, I couldn't take my eyes off the mechanic beast. And everything is just moving in slow motion, and in this moment in time is when a memory of Caelan telling me he loves me runs through my mind. And he was insisting we elope that very minute because he couldn't live another day without me. His words were a bit slurred but they were also filled with such pure emotion. A single tear fell down my cheek, and I subconsciously put my hands around my abdomen.

And thats when a heavy pressure of weight collided with my body, knocking the breath I hadn't noticed I was holding from my lungs.

---------------------------------------------------

So yes I have left you guys with a cliff hanger I'm sorry but I got a migraine now from trying to write this all day hope it not too bad I'll most likely update again saturday or Sunday this week :)