Chapter 11

The car ride on the way back to the apartment was really quiet. I saw him tighten his jaw, and clench his fists on the steering wheel. I turn in my seat and stair out the window and try to ignore his stupidity. Seriously he does not have the right to be upset over a little comment from Rhianna when he had the nerve to bet on me. 
My arms subconsciously wrap themselves around my chest, with my bottom lip popping out as sulk in the corner. 
I just don't get it. Even if I was drunk I must have subconsciously liked him enough to marry him. Ugh! I just don't get it at all!
Caelan clears his throat to get my attention, "am I going to have to get those tickets the easy way or the hard way?" 
"depends." I shrug lightly. 
"Depends on what?" he asks through his teeth, sliding me an uneasy look.
"On how sincere of an apology I get for the bet."
He looks towards the sky as if asking for patience, "I'm sorry I made a bet against you thinking you'd fail at the photo shoot."
Seriously that's the apology he has to give! An apology completely devoid of any remorseful emotion and made out of exasperation is not a sincere apology in my books. 
"so will you give me the tickets?" he asks hope entering his voice.
"Nope."
"What?! Why not?!"
"When you've given me a proper acknowledgement of remorse maybe then I'll consider giving you those tickets." I say staring hard at an invisible speck on the window.
"I have never been reduced to the act of begging but I will do anything, really need those tickets." determination lacing every word.
"Why do you even need the tickets any way?"
"There’s a rumour going around that Rihanna is looking for a new modeling agency and I am convincing her to join my family’s agency. I want to show my grandfather I am more than just looks I can also help with the business side other then advertisement."
A silent pause fills the air.
"I am not just a novelty in the entertainment world."Finality filling his voice.
I have no idea what that feels like. When I had started to feel the overwhelming feeling of the world, in the short time I was in it, I was gone just as quickly as I'd entered it. But even when I had been in the modeling world I was treated as more than just a model by my agency. I was never given an inkling of that feeling.
"It’s impossible." I blurt out.
He stiffens a little in shock at my outburst.
"What’s impossible?"
"I hate to break it to you but the rumour of Rhi looking for a new agency is just that a rumour. I know for a fact she would never change her agency after what she went through to get in."
"What exactly did she have to do to get in?" he asks while pulling up in front of the apartment building.
"what are we doing here I thought you had another shoot to do today?"
"I rescheduled everything else today thinking the other shoot would have taken much longer than expected. And your changing the subject, what did she do?"
My bottom lip found its way caught underneath my teeth in nervousness, "I can't you that."
"And why not?"
"Because it's not my stories to tell besides I don't even know the whole story."
Turned in my seat to exit the vehicle but was met with a flash of light blinding me. It was followed by other multiple flashes of light. Usually I'm pretty used to the flashes of the camera what I'm not used is having my face bombarded with vivid flashes of cameras that catch me completely off guard.
"Here, put these on." Caelan shoves a pair of sunglasses in my hand.
I quickly took of off my glasses and placed the sunglasses onto my face to shield my eyes from the limelight moment.
I sent a grateful smile his way, but he was already out of the car and making his way to my door. 
When he realized he wasn't able to get there he motioned for duke and the security guards to assist him. 
Within five minutes they were able to clear a path to let us through. As soon as we made it through the doors the crowd was released and pressed themselves up against the glass to get a few final shot of our retreating figure.
"Mr. Mackinlay. Ms. Evans is here to see you." the receptionist yells loudly. I glance at her to see an evil smirk on her lips but it quickly disappears, as Caelan puts his arm around my waist as a guide to quicken my pace to the elevator.
As the elevator door closes with Caelan and I inside. My arms cross themselves and I can't help but pout."I really don't like that receptionist; she's up to something I just know it."
"Don’t be ridiculous rose." he says while subconsciously rubbing small circles on my waist to smooth my bristles.
It's very soothing and comforting to have him do that. I look at him through my lashes to see him giving me a look I'm not sure I really understand, but it's definitely holding me in a trance.
It makes me want to reach up and bring his face closer to mine to feel his warm breath on my face again right before he kisses me. 
I break I contact, "you really need to stop that." I whisper.
"stop what?" he whispers in my ear.
"You know what." I mutter.
"Do I Rose? Do I really know what you want?" 
I was about to reply when the door to the elevator opened to reveal, his fiancé Elle. We quickly jumped apart and looked anywhere but at each other.
"I see you've been getting pretty close with the "wife"." she says with venom filling her voice.
I glance over at Caelan to see him give a nonchalant shrug.
She sends me an evil look, "don't think anything he's done today is because of you. It was all an act to appease his grandfather." she hisses in my ear as Caelan moved towards his office. 
I see so it was all an act to use me, anger begins to build up inside me. "It’s nice to see you too miss Evans. I see your wearing your favourite today as well." I say smiling politely.
She looks at me in puzzlement, "and what favourite is that?"
"Why bitch of course." I say while walking around her and picking up my bag and making my way to the room Caelan set up for me.
I left her there sputtering, when I finally reached the door she left out a loud screech and made her way towards Caelan’s office.
I'm pretty sure that girl can screech louder than a harpy at this point in time. I closed the door to my room.
"Did you hear what she said to me!" she yelled so loud I could hear her still through the door.
"Let it go Elle." I heard Caelan say with finality.
I think she realized she wasn't get anywhere with the tone of voice she was using with his authority. "baby can't we just pay the price the judge laid out for you, and kick her out?"
"No, we can't because my grandfather said he won't pay the price for it and also threatened to cut me off if I even came close to not following the judges rules."
"But baby-" she started again.
"No buts,” he sighs, “Don’t worry so much about it."

 He said something pretty low because I didn't hear it through the door, but I did hear her high pitched giggle, then him ask; "how about you meet me in the pool instead?"
And that was the end of it as I heard them chasing each other to the pool while laughing and giggling.
Eww gag.
I finally turned away from the door and my eaves dropping. The room was really pretty in its pure whiteness, and modern decorating, but it still didn't feel homey at all. I flop on the bed in exhaustion. The final thought to run through my head was this is going to be my prison of hell throughout the next year.

HEY GUYS SO I HAVE OFFICIALLY MADE A FACEBOOK PAGE SO IF YOU WANT TO GET IN CONTACT WITH ME JUST ADD ME.... AND I THINK MY EMAILS ON THERE TOO SO YOU CAN ALSO EMAIL ME AT ANY TIME :D

THE LINK IS: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003381980719