mnla chapter 9 part 1 unedited

hey guys sry it took too long i wanted to have it longer but due to my wifi getting broken and it doesnt look like its going to be fixed any time soon and i have all my stuff i wrote on my ipod so i just need to figure out a way to get it off there. so i sort of gave up on waiting for it to be fixed so im just going give you what i have before my wifi broke im so lucky i email peices to myself after writing each time.

ps the winner for the "most disgusting food to eat while pregnant" will be announced by chapter ten. the winner will know who they are because ill send them a private msg with everything.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I slammed the trunk of the taxi closed. Eve had offered me a ride but I thought it would be best if she stayed with her guest and the fact I know she hasn't seen Katy in a while so I know they really miss each other and have a lot to catch up on. Cameron had left at the same time as me but he headed to Katy's and his new apartment to continue unpacking their belongings. He had also offered me a ride but I insisted in declining because I really didn't want company for when I first make it to Caelan's place. I don't know for some reason I get the feeling it would be super awkward. 
"Here let me help you with your luggage Madame."
Madame? I look around are they talking to me? I shift my head back to see a middle aged man in a black suit with a black pin on his left side in silver lettering the name of Jeffery written there.
How a original for a doorman.
Although his name may not be very original he could definitely be considered good looking in my books. With his brown hair
"hi Jeffrey." I smile in friendliness, but instead of returning the smile he just gave a confused look. One of those "what in the worl- are you crazy?" look.
I gave pointed look to his name tag. He looks down at it and looks back up giving me a sheepish smile. 
"Sorry miss I'm filling for my uncle while he's on vacation with his family and am borrowing his uniform."
"Ohh makes a lot more sense now, at least I now know I'm not crazy."
He laughs off my little comment. "So is there any way I could help you miss..." 
"oh it's Sinclair, but please call me Rosamund." 
"oh so you’re the one who's moving in with Mr. Mackinlay. He left a message for you at the reception as well as a key for the place."
"Thank you... Sorry I don't know your name considering your name tag lies." I joked.
"what name tags talk!" he laughs, "nah the names Duke."
"Well thank you duke I should probably head up to get settled in now." 
"I'll bring your bags up for you while you stop off at the receptionist."
I nod reluctantly I probably could bring the bags up myself but I honestly feel exhausted and too lazy to bring them up myself. I know I'm such a horrible person for not wanting to do it myself and getting duke to do my dirty work.
I make my way to the receptionist after I made sure duke was fine bring up my bags. Turns out he just put them on a trolley and took an elevator there. I think I'll take the stairs after getting the key just because I feel guilty now of giving that task to duke.
I quickly made my way to the receptionist she was in deep concentration of typing on her keyboard and focusing on her computer screen. She barely even gave me a glance. 
"we don't have an places available at home the moment." she gives me quick glance looking me up and down, "besides I doubt they'll be in your price range, and you have to have our standards and sweetie you just don't meet them."
"but-" 
"I don't know how you got by duke but I doubt his uncle will like to hear about the poor job he's doing filling in for him, he's lucky his made his job here set to stay here or else I would be sending a complaint to the boss and he would be out of here."
How dare she! If I knew who her boss is we would have some major problems because I would be complaining about her and trying to get her fired.
I cleared my throat hoping to clear the anger from what I say next, "and who exactly is your boss?"
She gasps and looks at me finally stopping her from typing on her damn keyboard. "How do you not know who he is? Do you live under a rock? Like seriously."
You know I've been asked if I live under a rock a lot recently.
"Who doesn't know who he is."
"Obviously I don't, who is he?" I say a little bit irritable now. Screw trying to be nice this bitch really pisses me off.
"Why it our own residents Caelan mackinlay's grandfather who owns this building. He started up this apartment building to create a safe, peaceful life for his top employees. Their from all areas of the entertainment worlds ranging from models to actors and actresses. Even the most popular singers live here." she says with pride in her voice.
She looks as if she went in to her own little world thinking about god knows what.
But when she realizes I'm still here she gives me a bit of glare. "your still here?"
"Yeah I kind of need the key to get into my apartment and apparently I'm also supposed to pick up something from you."
"oh really and what’s this thing you’re suppose to pick up from me?"
"I don't know duke said Caelan left something for me." I give a little non chalant shrug but what I really wanted to do was reach across the table and slap this bitch in the face.
"Really? Caelan left something for you? And who are you?"
Self control Ro treat others as you would like to be treated as my mother would always tell me.
I knew moving into his apartment was a bad idea. First Brian rejects me then Caelan, now even Caelan’s world rejects me.
Screw this I don't need any more rejection or have people continuously looking down on me.
"Mrs. Mackinlay your bags are in your apartment."
"Thanks duke but could you just tell Caelan when he gets here that I changed my mind."
"Mrs. Mackinlay?"
"Actually it's Sinclair I chose to keep my name."
"Your Caelan mackinlay's wife?" she says in disbelief.
"Yes. Why?"
Seriously what is with everyone always calling him by his whole name is it a celebrity thing or something.
Like I get when you’re trying to jog someone's memory or describing them. But for an everyday use why?
Just why?
I guess it just feels like your giving their name too much power, when there just every day, normal people.
The secretary's slightly high pitched tone brought me back from my rant.
"Mrs. Mackinlay I am so sorry of the inconvenience I have brought you here is your key and the letter Mr. Mackinlay left for you, it's all in that package."
Wow her attitude changed pretty fast. Is she always this rude to new people? Because if she is I don't think I would want her as a receptionist in my building.
And why does no one ever call me by my actual name? I politely correct them but they still always revert back to Mackinlay.
I just silently took the package and headed towards the stairs, but I don't actually see any stairs. 
"Duke may ask you where the stairs are?" I quietly ask him as he was passing by, trying to be as quiet as possible. I just don't feel like having another conversation with the b with an itch behind the counter.
"We don't have stairs in this building miss, at least non that are usable at the moment. They are being renovated due to an accident that happened to one of the residents."
"Oh okay, thank you duke."
"No problem... Rosamund. If you ever need anything ill definitely help you out."
I showered him in a grateful smile, for using my name and for the offer of help.
We said our goodbyes, and I made my way towards the elevator.
As soon as I got into the elevator I realized I don't even know what floor I'm suppose to even go to, I was about to exit again and go ask duke but the doors shut in my face before I could even get the chance to.
Maybe the floor number is in the letter?
I take the letter and rip it open. Damn I don't think the keys in here all there is a plastic card. 
I pull the card out to read;

Floor 6
Mackinlay residence 

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
134 567 589 00234 479

Well I'm guessing this tells me the floor number. jeez he could have just told me on a piece of paper and not going all out on a plastic card.
I press the number six button.
They had the song airplanes by b.o.b and Hailey Williams playing for the elevator music.
I don't know why but it kind of gives me the creeps having played in the elevator it makes me feel as if the elevators going to break and send me flying at any moment.
The elevator finally reached the sixth floor. I was all ready for jumping out but the door never opened. I repeatedly pressed the open but it still never opened.
My breathing started to increase its pace. I just couldn't seem to get the oxygen flowing. 
Oh my cheese I'm stuck here. What if I'm stuck here forever?! 
I can't be! noo! oh for the love of noodles and ice cream what about the baby! 
"Okay breathe Ro breathe. In and out, in and out." I try calming myself down.
Oh look there's a phone. I picked it up and pressed the button for the receptionist.
"Hello? Silvia speaking, how may I help you?"
"Hi Silvia, it's me Caelan's wife. I think I'm stuck in the elevator on the sixth floor the doors aren't opening."
"Have you tried using your key to open the door miss?"
"Don’t think there's a key in this envelope all I found was a letter and a plastic card with the floor number on it."
"Mrs. Mackinlay that would be your key all you have to do is swipe the card. You swipe it right by the floor buttons."
"Oh thank you." I hung up the phone and took her suggestion. the doors opened up to reveal the apartment or condo or whatever you want to call this ginormous place.
Wow I feel pretty dumb right now.
I take a step in the apartment before the doors close on me and I haven't made it out yet. I must say I'm pretty impressed with the place, it's beautiful with the pure whit carpet everywhere that feel oh so soft under my feet, the more public areas walls are glass so you can see everything from the kitchen, the living room and it kind of looks like an office from here.
Everything is so clean and expensive looking, I kind of don't even want to touch anything. At my home it has more of that homey feeling to it, here it feels as it's a show home rather than a place that someone lives and calls home.
What ever I'll read that letter till I have the courage to walk more into the place.

Rose
Guidelines for living with me:
1. Do not under any circumstances enter my room.
2. Do not eat my toaster strudels (I will kick your ass for touching them) if you want your own you may get your own but you must share them with me.
3. When it’s guys night I will expect to find that you have other plans are no longer in my sight for the night.
4. Do not touch my dog Zeus he will bite you.
5. Do not enter the office and stay away from the stairs.
Ps. I laid some news paper on the floor for you to sleep on with a bowl of water and food.
Pss. Just kidding your bedrooms down the hall the first door on the right the white one. But you’re always welcome to the news paper in the kitchen if it floats your boat.