MNLA chapter 8

hey guys sorry if its not that long i only got a page more on word but hey at least its an update. im considering put this book on hold so i can figure some things out (like editing previous chappies cuz of the complaints of my grammer, weather i should enter the watty awards, and where this stories going cuz honestly at the moment im just pulling stuff out of my but) plus im getting my wisdom teeth out and im pretty sure ill b really drugged up nxt so ill let u know for by the nxt upload. :) 

vote comment fan whatev

Earlier Mr. Mackinlay had given me a card with a number before he left me in the parking lot. I assumed that it belonged to him. He said the he was going to help me but how was he going to help me anyway?

Should I really accept his help? My grandmother seemed to think he was bad news and that he shouldn't be trusted. Speaking of my grandmother, how did she and Mr. Mackinlay knew each other?I gave her a quick glance. Should I ask her? I didn't know if I should she was already pretty upset with me over the marriage.

I cleared my throat to speak, hoping it would get rid the awkward silence that was consuming us.

"Sooo.... Grams, how do you know the Mackinlay's?" I asked her curiously.

"I don't."

"What? Then why did you freak out on them?"

"I don't know all the Mackinlay's I know Kaden Mackinlay."

"Why would you start exorcising Caelan if you weren't even sure if it was him?!"

"I may not know the rest of them, but I do know Kaden, and if their anything like him then he definitely needed to be exorcised."

Wow she really hates them. I wonder what he did.

"How did you even know he was a Mackinlay?" I asked in wonder.

She gave me a dry laugh, "I wasn't even sure. I thought Kaden had made a bargain with the devil for eternal youth how was I supposed to know it was his grandson."

"You just assumed that he was Kaden Kackinlay because of his looks?!"

"Yes." She replied while nodding her head slowly.

"What if it was someone else who was just a look alike?!"

"Then it would have been good for his soul to be cleansed... No harm would have come of it." she said stubbornly.

I just gave her a look saying 'seriously?', but she gave me a small smile and a wink. I just rolled my eyes bringing my attention back to the road.

After a few minutes of silence, my grandmother speaks up again.

"So what's this bullpoop about you sleeping around?"

"Nothing."

"I swear if that boy starts spreading lies about you, we will have problems."