42

Alex's POV

I see sage and his friends start beating up max. I run over and with some other people we pull them off of Max. Max starts spitting blood so I turn to the teacher. "Don't just sit there. Call a ambulance!" He nods picking up his phone.
I pick up Max. He's my best friend but I do like him. I've known him for a few years but we didn't really talk until early last year. The ambulance comes. "Please let me ride in the back." They shake their head. "We can't unless you have a relation." I sigh. "I'm his boyfriend." They nod letting me in. I may not be his boyfriend but I had to lie. I hold onto his hand.
They pull him into the hospital and I call vic.
"Vic it's Alex. Max's friend hospital now."
Then I hang up. Well it's hard to talk when my voice keeps cracking. Tears start streaming down my face and I put my head in my hands when I hear a familiar voice. "Where is he?" Vic. I walk over to him, mike, tony and jaime.  Immediately mike engulfs me in a hug. I just keep my head down so vic looks at me. "What happened?" I look down. "Sage and his friends started beating up Max. By time me and some other kids pulled them off he passed out." My voice starts to get jittery. "I-if I w-w-would've gotten there s-sooner." I cry. Mike hugs me tightly and the doctor comes out. "He's good. You got to him just in time. He may have a headache but other then that he's good to go." I run to his room and smile when I see him. "They wouldn't let me come on the ambulance so I had to lie and say I was your boyfriend." He smiles. "I wouldn't hate if you were my boyfriend." Before I can say anything else vic and the guys walk in. I stand up. "I better head home." They nod but max eyes me cause he knows I don't have to be home until 7:30. It's 3:56. I just didn't want to intrude. I start walking home.
I really like max.
And it might kill me.