Chapter - 123

Chapter 123 – City Lord’s young master

When Xiao Ning’er sat beside Nie Li’s bed, Ye Ziyun lightly sighed and walked to the side. Although she appeared to not be concerned, she would occasionally turn her gaze over to Nie Li.

Looking at the quietly sleeping Nie Li, Ye Ziyun’s heart became complicated.

“Ning’er likes you so much. So why are you still chasing after me?”

Ye Ziyun’s heart had a little resentment. Nie Li is nothing more than a rascal that had unreasonably barged into her life, causing her calm heart to faintly ripple.

When Nie Li got her to bring Nie Yu away, Ye Ziyun had realised how much she worries for his safety. When she saw Nie Li unconscious, she had finally realised how worried she really was.

It seems that, Nie Li has broken through into her heart.

But what is she going to do next?

The originally sleeping Nie Li suddenly began to struggle in agony, his brows were tightly locked together, causing Xiao Ning’er to panic.

“Could Nie Li be having a nightmare?” Xiao Ning’er said with worry.

“Ziyun……”

The dreaming Nie Li had a painful expression on his face and heartbreakingly called out. His face was covered with tears.

Not knowing what Nie Li was dreaming about, Xiao Ning’er’s heart was severely torn apart when he called out. But she bore down the tears to keep them from coming out. When she had first made contact with Nie Li, he already told her that the one he likes is Ye Ziyun. However, Xiao Ning’er still loves Nie Li without any hesitation.

This calling out for Ziyun, caused the atmosphere between Xiao Ning’er and Ye Ziyun to be extremely awkward.

Ye Ziyun couldn’t figure out why Nie Li would dream of her. Furthermore, it’s so painful that tears were covering his face. She had a feeling that the Ziyun that Nie Li was calling isn’t her. She couldn’t figure out why Nie Li likes her so much. It was to the point that he would even call out for her in his dreams. Within Ye Ziyun’s heart, there’s a little feeling of being touched; however, she was also feeling bad for Xiao Ning’er.

The atmosphere was quiet.

“Ning’er, I……” Ye Ziyun doesn’t know what to say. She knows that Xiao Ning’er likes Nie Li very much. However, she had stolen the guy Xiao Ning’er likes.

Xiao Ning’er’s shoulders slightly trembled from trying to keep the tears from falling. She lowered her head and looked at Nie Li’s face. She then covered him with the quilt that he threw off and stood up. The current her, went back to her originally cold attitude.

“Ye Ziyun, since young, I’ve been very envious of you. You’re the daughter of the City Lord, there’s no one that could force you to do anything. You just need to stretch out your hands and every beautiful thing in the world will be sent to you. As for me, I have to fight for everything that I want. To fight against marrying into the Sacred Family, I even risked my life.”

“In this world, finding someone that I could wholehearted love is too hard. Nie Li made me understand the meaning to live on. In my heart, Nie Li is someone irreplaceable.”

“I don’t know what had happened between you and Nie Li to the point that it’s unforgettable for him. Even when dreaming, he thinks of you.” Xiao Ning’er’s voice paused for a moment, her eyes flashed with a trace of sadness and then turned firm, “However, all of this doesn’t matter.”