Chapter - 122

Chapter 122 – Misty Leaf Herb

City Lord’s Mansion

Noticing that the Abyss Demon has been killed, the people from the Dark Guild that infiltrated the City Lord’s Mansion quickly retreated, hastily disappearing into the darkness.

In another corner, within the shadows

A figure quietly stood still. This black clothed person saw the entire process as the Abyss Demon was being killed and also witness Ye Xiu carrying Nie Li away. His lips slightly pursed and hoarsely said, “Interesting.”

There were several times that he wanted to take action, and snatch Nie Li from the hands of Ye Xiu. However, he gave up in the end and looked towards another direction.

“I know that you have already sensed me. I was about to take action, and chasing after me won’t be easy. This round of the battle, consider it your win. However, the next time won’t be so simple.”

The black clothed person coldly smiled as his figure slowly merged into the darkness.

Ye Zong, who was standing beside the Tai Yi Killing Array, had a sharp ray of light flash across his eyes. The aura that he has been alert of, has gradually disappeared. He knows that the person has left.

From the appearance of Abyss Demon till now, aside from personally capturing two Demon Spiritualists from the Dark Guild, Ye Zong has been alert of this aura that has been causing him to be uneasy. Before that aura vanished, Ye Zong wasn’t able to locate that person.

‘Looks like he doesn’t have the intention to take action.’ Ye Zong thought. If the other party were to take action, even Ye Zong would inevitably fall into an intense fight.

Suddenly, a Black Gold rank Fighter hastily ran over.

The Fighter hurriedly said, “Lord Ye Zong, bad news!”

“What happened?” Ye Zong suddenly had a bad feeling about this.

“The three Black Gold rank Demon Spiritualists that we’ve captured are all dead!” The Fighter said, cupping his hands.

“So that’s the case.”

Ye Zong’s fists were tightly clenched. To prevent those three Black Gold rank Demon Spiritualists from escaping, like releasing a tiger back to the mountains, Ye Zong destroyed the soul realm of those three Black Gold rank Demon Spiritualists, causing their cultivation to be unable to restore. However, he never imagined that the Dark Guild would be so vicious and directly kill all those three Black Gold rank Demon Spiritualists.

“They sent someone to raid the prison? What level of strength does the other party have?”

By right, the City Lord’s Mansion’s prison is supposed to be extremely secretive, no one should know about it. So how did the other party know of it’s location and launch an attack towards it? This entire matter has to be thoroughly investigated!

The Fighter said, “Respects to the City Lord, the prison wasn’t raided. Those three Black Gold rank Demon Spiritualists just mysteriously died.”

“Mysteriously died?” Ye Zong felt a chill in his heart. The Dark Guild does have a final method! If he did not guess wrong, the Dark Guild placed Soul Shackles on those three Black Gold rank Demon Spiritualists. In the event of anyone being captured, they can just activate the Soul Shackles to kill them.

With such methods, they would be able to prevent the betrayal of their men. No wonder the Dark Guild is so secretive. Even various families of Glory City are unable to locate the location of the Dark Guild.