Chapter - 113

Advertisement

TDG Chapter 113

Previous ChapterNext Chapter

Chapter 113 – Of course it was on purpose

Time flew by, Nie Li has been staying in Ye Ziyun’s yard for seven days now. During these seven days, aside from training and laying down the Ten Thousand Demonic Beast Array, he’d occasionally talk with Ye Ziyun. Nothing special happened.

Nie Li’s cultivation has also leveled out at 5-star Silver rank. A 5-star Silver rank breaking through to Gold rank is an extremely difficult process. Ordinary people would need the perfect opportunity in order to make a breakthrough. However, for Nie Li, Ye Ziyun, and the rest it’s just a matter of time.

The yard is filled with bird chippings and fragrant flowers. The environment is extremely beautiful and secluded.

In order to guard against Nie Li, Ye Zong was forced to move his office to this yard. Although he’s busy everyday, Ye Zong would occasionally use his soul force to sweep through the entire yard, making sure that Nie Li did not do anything outrageous.

Although Ye Zong felt a little mentally exhausted from handling official matters and guarding against Nie Li, he did not relax a bit.

Ye Xiu suddenly rushed in.

“City Lord, President Gu Yan seeks an audience,” Ye Xiu said, bowing his body.

“Oh? President Gu Yan is here? Hurry and bring him in,” Ye Zong immediately said. Although the Alchemist Association of the past was also highly valued, they did not have any high positions. However, because of the new few elixirs, President Gu Yan’s position in Glory City doesn’t have much difference from Ye Zong.

A moment later, President Gu Yan, wearing a grey robe, walked in. He raised his head and looked at Ye Zong, slightly bowed and said, “Respects to the City Lord.”

“President Gu Yan, no need to be so polite. In here, treat it as your home,” Ye Zong said, smiling. His gaze swept passed Gu Yan’s face and surprisingly asked, “President Gu Yan, you seem to have something important to say. I wonder, what matter brings your trip here?”

Gu Yan glanced the surroundings, appearing to be extremely cautious.

“President Gu Yan, rest assured. Everyone here is one of us. Even Black Gold rank experts wouldn’t be able to get here.” Ye Zong’s heart slightly chilled. President Gu Yan seems to be so cautious, fearing that something big has happened.

Gu Yan’s expression went solemn and he looked at Ye Zong. After being silent for a moment, he said, “I’m not sure if these words should he said, but if it’s not said, I fear that the consequences will be severe.”

“President Gu Yan, there’s no harm in speaking the truth.”

President Gu Yan nodded his head and said, “Previously, my Alchemist Association has been suspecting that the Sacred Family has forbidden secrets with the Dark Guild. Some time ago, the Main Affairs Elder of the Sacred Family, Shen Ming, lead some people to assault Nie Li but was captured. Under our Alchemist Association’s interrogation, he confessed some of the Sacred Family’s acts.”

“Something like this happened?” Ye Zong’s brows locked tight, “With just Shen Ming’s testimony alone, I’m afraid that it’s not enough to determine whether if there is collusion between the Sacred Family and Dark Guild. There has to be solid evidence!”

Gu Yan raised his head, looking stern, and said, “After Shen Ming confessed this, we understood that it’s not enough without any evidence. Thereafter, the Sacred Family suddenly purchased a huge amount of pills from us. Within the batch of pills, we placed a Soul Tracking Pill and sent someone with the Three-headed hound demon beast to track them. In the end, we confirmed that these elixirs are going towards the Dark Guild.”