Chapter 7: I Treat Them Like Trash?

Leave me a comment telling me what you think!(: About the memory & Christy & Julie & Sam & Ali & Cora. Just make a list if you have to! :D Because your thoughts are like a little present:)) lol

I'm sort of excited to write the next chapter with the partayyy. I have no idear what's going to happen though.... HMMM? I really don't. So the next update might be a but longer.

<3 Remember, comment and vote!

***

Chapter 7

I treat them like trash?

I was planning on going to school the next day, I really was. But for some reason, when I was driving my hands steered the wheel a different direction and I found myself parked in front of Clayton Lake.

                The weather was nearing fall so it was still a little chilly, in the lower 60’s, but I wanted to enjoy the last few days of nice weather before it became this awful storm of gray. Believe me, this time the lack of color won’t be in my head. In the winter I just feel ten times worse than I do in the summer because the weather totally contributes to my mood. The cold snow definitely doesn’t help.

                There really wasn’t anyone here because it was so early on a school day. There was the occasional jogger and one man off to the side with his dog (even though there was a sign right next to him prohibiting dogs at this lake). I sat down in the warm sand and stared at the water reflecting the sun.

                This was another place my parents would constantly take me when mom was still alive.

                I giggled as mom nearsed me and dove under the cold surface. I kicked my feet as hard and fast as I could, but it still seemed like it didn’t get very far. I resurfaced, unplugging my nose, and wiped my eyes. I looked around and was suddenly grabbed from behind, someone jabbing my tickle spot- my ribs, causing me to burst out laughing. I guess I had accidently spun around under the water and swam towards her. I was still catching on to swimming without those little float things I wore around my arms.

                “Got you!” mom said, laughing and flipping me in her arms so she held me like a baby.

                “No fair! You were supposed to give me a head start!”

                “I did,” she grinned.

                I held in laughs as I saw dad coming in behind her. He put his finger over his lips, gesturing for me to be quiet, and he got closer to her. Suddenly, he reached out and jabbed her in the ribs, causing her to jump and start laughing. She dropped me and I dove under the surface again, a smile spreading on my face.

                I turned around and started swimming away, thinking I had escaped her. Suddenly, though, when I went up to get air, it seemed like there wasn’t a surface up there. I kept on swimming towards what I thought was up… but it never ended, and then I realized that I might be swimming down, in the opposite direction. I turned around, my stomach starting to hurt and I started to panic because I really needed air. I started swimming the opposite way, towards what I had thought was down but now might be up. That direction didn’t end either though… and I never broke the surface. I froze, not knowing where to swim and started kicking my arms and feet. I felt weaker and my stomach really ached and I needed air. Things started to get darker and my eyes closed. I was weak and without realizing it I started to drift away. My hand left my nose and I wasn’t plugging it anymore, the water was now flooding through it.