Chapter 21: The Note

Chapter 21

The Note

“So I’ve got the plan,” Ethan said, sliding out a sheet of paper. With closer inspection it turned out to be a calendar with different things written on each day.

                “So shoot,” Tessa said, taking a bite of sugary goodness.

                We had stopped at Sweet Lillian’s Custard again to talk about things after school and to go over the plan. Everyone was waiting in anticipation to hear what Julie had coming for her, especially after what happened yesterday. I saw Julie making fun of me again today but this time I managed to simply brush it off. It was easy to brush things off now because all I have to think about is the revenge she is going to get.

                “So there is going to be phase one… Ethan started. She’s going to notice slight things, but not enough to make her suspicious of anything. There will be dolls strategically placed around places she goes a lot, in places she can’t miss. And they aren’t going to be cute dolls; they are going to be slightly creepy. We’re also going to mess with her head a little bit. When she parks her car in front of her house, we’re going to move it a little bit further away.”

                “That’s… insane,” I said, surprised by how well thought out this plan was, and how well I knew it would work.

                Ethan shrugged and continued, “Then there’s stage two. We plant the dolls in more noticeable places. We move her car further when she parks it. We mess with the stuff she packs in her backpack. We move important things she places in her locker. We move important things she places in her room.

                “And then comes stage three…”

                I couldn’t believe it. Is this really happening? Are we really going to mess with someone’s mental health?

                I looked around at my friends determined faces, and I thought of Julie’s bitchy one, and new that yes, yes we were. And we were going to do it the best we could.

                “We are going to scare her so bad with everything. We will move her car down an entire block. We’ll move her bed in her room. We’ll make folders disappear in her locker. And we’ll put a doll appear in her bag or something.”

                We blinked at him, looking down at the calendar he had made.

                “When do we start?” Sam asked.

                “We first need to get a copy of her car and house key first. So I’m giving us until Monday to figure out how to do that. I have these key pressers,” he took out two cases that he opened up and had a sort of fabric in the inside of. “and I know a guy that can get these made. And we still need to get some dolls, I figured that we could all put in money for this.”