Chapter 18: Ethan's Evil Side

Wow, I had this written out since I posted the last chapter. I'm surprised I didn't post this right away like I always do! lol! Well I hope you like it(:

*****

Chapter 18

Ethan’s Evil Side

I woke up wrapped inside his arms. I never thought that this would be the best way to wake up until that moment. I took a peek at the clock to see it was only six, but I knew I had to go before his dad and his wife Susan woke up. As carefully as I could I untangled myself from Sam, even though I so desperately wanted to stay. He mumbled a bit to himself and even started to pull me closer. I still managed to get out of his grip, though, and I stood up carefully on my tip toes. I took a nice look at him; he was so adorable when he was sleeping. His hair was messy and he was stretched out all the way across his bed, his feet a little off the edge.

                I had to look away before my judgment left me and I crawled back under the covers with him.

                After a long search I found my cell phone lying on the ground where his clothes used to be. Then I opened his door slowly so that the creek it made wasn’t too loud. I shut his door behind me and stopped to listen and make sure his dad or Susan weren’t up. When I didn’t hear a thing I figured the coast was clear and started my way down his stairs. I felt weird, like I was trespassing in his home. I hurried outside and got in my car to drive myself home. I hope Sam doesn’t get annoyed that I just up and left him…

                When I got back to my house I found my dad sitting in the kitchen.

                “Any news?” I asked him as I shut the door behind me.

                “Hm?”

                “From Aunt Victoria or Uncle Dan,” I clarified.

                “Oh,” he grunted. “Well I called up Victoria and she didn’t seem to care. She’s coming to pick her up at the same time tonight as originally planned, eight.”

                “Oh,” I said, disappointed.

                I took a glance down our hall and at my bedroom door where Alyssa was residing.

                …ew.

                Today was going to be a long day.

***

“Can you please not chow that so obnoxiously in front of me?” Alyssa asked me, wrinkling her nose.

                                She was referring to my chicken I was chewing. This only made me chew it more obnoxiously. “Yummy, meat. Nom, nom, nom.”

                A little bit immature, but hey, when it comes to Alyssa…

                She glared at me and took a long sip of the smoothie she had made herself. I was in such a good mood from last night with Sam that I didn’t even care. I looked out the window and saw a car pull up and a huge smile broke across my face. I never figured I would be so happy to see Aunt Victoria and Uncle Dan, but this meant Alyssa was finally leaving.

                “Aw, Alyssa, I guess you have to leave. How disappointing,” I spat at her.

                Literally.

                I mean, accidently, a hunk of chicken flew out of my mouth and landed in her hair. She didn’t notice, though, so the chicken just sat there. She glared at me and I heard my dad stifle a laugh by the counter. He tried to pass it off as a cough, though.