Chapter 3: Depressed?

I'm not exactly overall happy with this chapter... I was hoping for, you know, a little more fun for this chapter, but I feel like the whole chapter is just sad. :(. I guess that this one should be considering the circumstances... (haha note the title of the chapter). So tell me what you think of it.

If you have suggestions? TELL THEM TO ME. If you have a suggestion of a wayofputting a little humor in this chaper, tell me. :) Grammatical errors? LET ME KNOW. I LIKE TO EDIT. Thoughts/feelings? TELL ME! I love to know what you think(:

Nikki(:

*****

Chapter 3

Depressed?

“Sorry for the interruption, but is Quinn Heart in this classroom?” The voice over the intercom asked my English teacher, Mrs. White.

                Mrs. White scratched her head. She looked at me as if she was debating whether or not I was Quinn. I stared at her, biting my lip, debating whether I should nod or not. Eventually I managed a nod of my head and Mrs. White looked slightly embarrassed.

                “Yes,” Mrs. White managed to say, gaining composure.

                “Can you please send her to the Counseling Office?” the voice said sharply.

                It seems like our intercom lady always had this sharp voice that had me cringing.

                “I’ll have her on her way.”

                Everyone looked at me and I found myself blushing brightly. I never got called on in the middle of class, not even by the teacher. Most kids just simply looked curious as to why I was heading to the office. I quickly collected my things and hurried out the door. The halls were pretty much empty but as I neared the office’s I could hear talking.

                I pulled the Counseling Office door open and headed inside. Sitting behind the desk were two ladies talking admittedly, but when they heard me come in they quickly stopped talking and cleared their throats.

                “Quinn Heart?” one lady asked, her nametag reading ‘Betty’

                “That’s me,” I squeaked.

                “Your dad, Ms. Berry, and Mr. Harris are all waiting through that door right down there,” the other lady said, pointing at the first door in a hallway further in the room. Her nametag read ‘Lillian’.

                I frowned at what I heard. My dad’s here? I don’t remember doing anything wrong. Well… if I were getting in trouble, I wouldn’t be here, I’d be in the Principal’s Office. Ms. Berry was there also for some reason. And I don’t remember meeting a man named Mr. Harris before so I had no idea who he was. I made my way toward the door, heart beating overtime. I felt my surroundings shrinking around me so all I could see was the big door in front of me.

                I was about to knock, when I remembered I was wearing my mother’s ring today, it was glistening brightly on my raised hand. I quickly took it off and put it in my jean pocket, I didn’t want dad to see that I took it yet.

                I knocked lightly and I heard the voices from inside stop talking, and a male say, “Come in.”

                I opened the door and peaked inside. Sure enough, my dad and Ms. Berry were all sitting in front of this Mr. Harris man.