Chapter 29: He's Perfect

Chapter 29

He's Perfect

Sam is… perfect. I mean, everything about him is what I could want. His brown, wavy hair that was grown a bit too long, a little bit in his eyes. His eyes, the deep blue with hints of gray. Then his skinny and long frame. The way he towered over me. The way he had to lean down to kiss me. The way he kissed me. It was all perfect. I felt like it was meant to be. So when he leaned away after countless minutes, us both breathing hard, I couldn't figure out why.

                My mind was reeling, too caught up in Sam, everything Sam.

                Tap. Tap.

                I was confused. Sam still was holding my waist and he moved away to reveal a figure standing at his window. Who was that? Pat? No, that couldn’t be it, the build wasn't the same.

                "Who is that?" I asked, confused and a little frightened.

                And annoyed. Definitely annoyed. Whoever it was interrupted Sam and I.

                Sam opened his door and got out of the car, which meant I had to do the same. I sighed, stepping out of the car and letting the chilly air hit me like a wave. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I shivered, walking around the car to stand by Sam's side, who just started talking.

                "Liam?" Sam asked, confused. "What are you doing here?"

                Liam looked nervous and he was scratching his head. The pot was still in effect, I could tell just by looking into his eyes, which were red. But I was sure he wasn't as bad as he was earlier.

                "Sorry, Sam," Liam apologized. "I know that you wanted to hang, shit I did too. I haven't seen you in forever, man. I just got carried away again at the party."

                "It's alright," Sam shrugged.

                "We could hang out now if you'd like," Liam suggested.

                "It’s late… and we're leaving tomorrow morning. Next time I come here, which should be around Thanksgiving, we can chill then, alright?" Sam said.

                Liam sighed, "Alright. I really am sorry dude."

                "It's alright," Sam said.

                "I'll see you," he said. "And you, er…" he tried to remember my name.

                I cleared my throat. "Quinn."

                "Right," he said, walking back to his car, shoulders slumped.

                Sam sighed, shaking his head. I watched Liam get into his car, wondering if it was safe for him to drive in his condition, then deciding I didn't care. That I just wanted to keep kissing Sam. I reached for his hand again and he looked over at me, wrapping his hand around mine.

                "Let's go inside, it's cold out," he said, giving me a small smile.

                I nodded, following him to his door.

                "I want to show you something," Sam said.

                "What is it?" I asked.

                "Just follow me to my room," he said.

                He opened the door to his house and there Pat was, in the kitchen, reading some sort of cooking magazine. We exchanged "hellos" and continued towards the stairs. But I could tell that Pat knew something was up, she probably heard us pull into the driveway… and not come inside. She was smirking to herself as she watched us continue up the stairs and I felt myself blushing quite brightly. I walked into Sam's room, which was pretty messy, a lot like his room in Wisconsin. Except I could tell this was his real home, even though a lot of his things were currently in Wisconsin. One thing he did leave was the tons of band posters stuck to the wall, and there were many CD's stacked next to a huge stereo on the floor.