Chapter 5: Sweet Lillian's Splash

Dedicated to Ellezbellz, for being an awesome fan with an awesome story (Unblemished if you want to check her out).

Vote for Sam cuz he's adorableC:

This chapters more happy & such. Quinn gets a little taste of what she's been missing out on.

Drop me a comment telling me what you think.

*****

Chapter 5

Sweet Lillian’s Splash

“Ice cream?” Sam asked me at the end of Art class the following day.

                I had sat with Cora and Ali again today, since when I came in the class Sam was sitting with the guys again, goofing off. Cora and Ali were looking at Sam and me curiously since he was the new interest of the school and all.

                “Sure! Where are we going?” I asked him.

                “Sweet Lillian’s Custard,” he said, like it was obvious. It kind of was if you lived in Clayton.

                The bell rang and I stood up, putting away my Art supplies with Sam. He was looking at my painting with interest.

                “Why are you painting it gray?” he asked me.

                I blushed and shrugged. “Not all of it’s going to be gray…”

                He looked at me so I would elaborate.

                I didn’t.

                Instead I turned away to clean my table off.

                “Wait,” he said, grabbing my arm, causing me to drop the sponge I had wetted from the sink. It fell with a splat.

                “What?” I asked him.

                He picked the sponge up for me and placed it back in my hand. “What isn’t going to be gray then?” he asked me.

                I sighed and walked back over to my canvas. I pointed to the picture, my finger floating over my sketch of the ring in the jewelry box. He looked at it, then back at my pointing hand which had the ring on it. He looked up at me, eyebrows raised.

                I turned away from his questioning eyes again to go wash down my table. He followed me, pondering.

                “Let me get this straight, the focal point on your painting is going to be a ring you bought from Khols… Quinn I have a feeling there’s something you’re not telling me.”

                “Really?” I asked him sarcastically.

                “Where’s the ring from then?” he asked me curiously.

                “That isn’t any of your business,” I mumbled.

                He backed off then.

                “I guess you’re right.”

                “What about your painting?” I asked him as I wiped down the table.

                “I asked Ms. Berry if I could have more time on this assignment since I don’t really know any of the sights in this town yet. She said that was fine, as long as I handed it in by the end of the quarter.”