Chapter 30

A surgeon came out 2 hours later and said, “I’m sorry, we did all we could, but Katrina’s injuries were too extensive and she passed away. Sammy got up and threw up in the garbage. Christian and Ian were bawling, and Anne and Tylinn were crying and shaking. Daniel and Kevin leaned on each other for support while they were both shaking. Daniel rubbed his fingers over the tea pot charm on my charm bracelet, he picked up before he came here, the same way I did. Kevin sat with his head between his knees. Adelaide came with Abigail and Max and they cried for what seemed like forever. However, everyone was sitting by each other, holding each other. Everyone was supporting each other and it was because of my death. 

When they took my body to the Mortician, he curled my hair, put make up on my body, and put a floral dress on. Daniel had asked if he could put the tea pot bracelet on me. However one of the charms was missing. I was happy that I wasn’t buried in flats, I was buried in Vans. Before he set me in my minty blue coffin with silk interior, he noticed my eyes were open still. He looked deeply into them and frowned, “You’re so young, too young. I’m sorry.” Then he closed my eyes and set me in my coffin. 

At my wake everyone was crying, Anne, Sarah, Tylinn, Paige, KT, Kevin, Nick, Ben, Ian, Christian, Sammy, Adelaide, Kale, Skylar, Aubrielle, Daniel, and even Grace and her posse. After every single person I knew walked past me crying, it was time for my funeral. They placed my coffin over the hole and lowered me in to my final resting place. I thought about the lyrics to ‘Deathbeds by Bring Me The Horizon. “And on my death bed, all I’ll see is you. The life may leave my lungs, but my heart will stay with you.” Its true, all I could think about was Daniel and how much I’d miss his love. Then they had all of my friends and family put a flower on my coffin, except Daniel. He set a little box with a necklace in it on the middle of the roof of my coffin. Then they lowered my casket the rest of the way in, and buried me. That was it, my life was over.

"I hope that when the world comes to an end I can breath a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to." -Donnie Darko