Chapter 22

The dance was over and my heart was full of happiness and I was glad that my feet hurt like hell. Everything happens for a reason, and you have to hit your lowest point in life to hit your highest. When we got to the car I sat in the passenger side and we drove home. The song ‘Can You Feel My Heart’ by Bring Me The Horizon came on and I blasted it. I sang it loudly with Adelaide, and Daniel occasionally joined in when he new the words. Sammy laughed because we were serious and we sounded terrible. Then we went down a road that was like riding waves. “I’m scared to get close and I hate being alone, I long for that feeling to not feel at all. The higher I get, the lower I’ll sink. I can’t drowned my demons they know how to swim.” We sang at we went up and down the roller coaster road.

When we got to my house, I asked Adelaide if she wanted to stay the night again. “No, I think I’m going to hang out with Sammy tonight.” She smiled. “Ohh.” I winked, teasing her. “Shut up.” She smiled and Sammy let out a laugh. Daniel walked me up to my house. “Good night my Ice Queen.” He smiled. “Goodnight my Ice King.” I giggled. Then I kissed him goodnight and went into the house. “How was it?” Abigail smiled with Max sitting next to her finally. I went up to Max and gently hugged him. “Perfect.” I mumbled into Max’s chest. “It’s good to see you again kid.” Max smiled.

I went up to my room and took everything off. I put my black and red Mayday Parade shirt on and my black sweatpants with my black slippers. I put my hair in a sloppy bun and went down stairs. Max and Abigail were watching an old black and white horror movie. I sat on the couch next to Max and curled up. “You looked so pretty tonight.” Max smiled and squeezed me. 

 When the movie was over I went into the kitchen and got some Sprees. I went to my room and wrote in my diary about today. Then my phone started blasting ‘Hell Above’ but the beginning part was ‘May These Noises Startle You In Your Sleep’. “Mother, Father, I love you so. But this is just me disguised as me, I’m the killer who burned your home.” I sang with it. I took a deep breath in and froze. ‘What are the chances that she said that and those are the lyrics? I mean she doesn’t even listen to Pierce The Veil! She doesn’t like me but she wouldn't go that far as to kill me, right?’ I panicked. I got all my stuff ready for school tomorrow and went to sleep.

In the morning I went to my closet and got my white sweater that said, ‘It all fades away in the end’ in black that fades gradually through the words. I put my black leggings on and my tan Uggs. I curled my hair like I did at the winter formal and I put glittery purple eye shadow on. I put my eyeliner on and coated my mascara for longer lashes. I put deodorant and my ironic ‘Infinite Summer’ perfume from Rue 21. I wrapped my big white scarf around my neck and told Abigail goodbye. 

My phone rang it was Daniel. “Hey darling, I won’t be able to pick you up today I went to Christian’s last night and I’m riding his bus.” Daniel sighed. “I ride that bus!” I giggled as I walked a crossed the fluffy snow, watching big clumps of it fall in my bright, dark red hair. “Hold on were almost to this beautiful girls house.” He laughed and hung up.

I kind of pouted until I heard the bus coming. When I got on I walked straight to the back and sat next to Daniel. “You’re so warm.” I hugged him. “You’re so cold.” He kissed my forehead. We sat next to each other the entire bus ride talking about different people who go to our school and sharing our opinions about them. The entire time I could slightly over hear Sammy and Christian bickering over how Malamar could or couldn’t beat Aurorus any day. “Are those two really fighting over Pokemon?” Daniel laughed. “Yep.” I smiled. “Nerds,” Daniel leaned over and whispered, “and by the way, Aurorus would win any day.” He smiled.

When the last bell of the day rang, there was a lock down. There was an intruder alert, not a practice drill, a real intruder was here. I saw our door whip open and close slowly and quietly. I started to shake. Then I felt arms go around me, “Its going to be okay” Daniel laughed. “You aren’t in this class.” I whisper yelled. “I ran from p.e. here to make sure that you’d be okay.” He smiled. “I don’t think the intruder will be bad.” I smiled and heard a slam! “Uh.” Daniel stuttered and grabbed my arm and pulled me into the closet.