Chapter 23

When I woke up it was noon. I walked downstairs and of course I was on the news. “Ew. That’s a terrible picture of me.” I smiled and Max did too. “You better get packing.” Max smiled. “We’re leaving tomorrow.” Abigail sipped her coffee in her pink robe with her hair in a sloppy bun. She adjusted her glasses that she usually never wears, and looked out the huge window in our living room. I sat at the island on a stool and picked at an orange. “How are we going from Ottawa to San Diego?” I questioned. “We will drive you to the air port and you’ll fly there.” Max shrugged. “What? You want me to fly by myself?” “It’s either that, or drive.” I sighed and said okay. I went up stairs and started packing.

“How long am I going to be there?” “Two weeks!” Abigail hollered back up. I sighed again and shoved more clothes and shoes in my suit cases. I played the song ‘The Silence’ By Mayday Parade on my iPod speakers. “Even though the world she loves, it will never be the way it was and her heart is weak her hands are shaking. Every night she cries, and dies a little more each time, say you love me. Nothing left inside, say you love me, and the silence will set her free.” I sang quietly with the song as I folded my clothes. 

When I got done packing I put my pink cropped t-shirt that said reckless on it in black and slid my black leggings on. I went back downstairs and I grabbed a cup of Sunny D. I sat on stools by the island and put my hair in a fish tale braid. Abigail went upstairs and came back down with a pink v-neck on, with a black fleece over it. She had black sweatpants on and her tan boots. She still had her nerd glasses on still and her hair was in a cute fanned out bun. She now had nude lip gloss on and mascara. “Lets go dork.” She smiled. “Where?” “To the store, I need some groceries for tonight.” “Alright.” I shrugged and got into her car. 

When we got to the store I walked over to the candy section and saw a radio contest to win tickets to your ‘dream concert’ and I signed Daniel, Adelaide, Abigail, Max, and myself up. I put my name in six times. I took a picture and sent it to them telling them that I signed them up for it. I put some Swedish Fish, Sprees, and some Root-beer Barrels in a bag and went on my way. When we got back, I went upstairs and laid down. I all of a sudden didn’t feel good. I laid down and listened to ‘Not Good Enough for Truth and the Cliche’ by Escape the Fate.

 I heard clinking against my window, I went over to let Daniel in. When I opened my door a cold burst of air flew into my room, and no one was there. I shrugged and walked over to my mirror. I saw the pebbles hitting my window and I heard clinking so I crawled over to the door quietly and looked down. I saw Jason and the three clowns. I gasped and my body locked up. I jumped up and looked at the closer. I blinked and rubbed my eyes, then I looked again and they weren’t there anymore. I went downstairs and asked Abigail what I should do about the whole Sammy issue. She told me to show Adelaide the picture.

Later that day Adelaide came over with Matthew. We went on Omegle after we laid Matthew down. If you don’t know what Omegle is when you either go cam or chat with a random stranger, you can skip them or just talk to them. You can also type in things you like so you can be connected with random stranger or people with similar interests. We came across this blonde boy who had a few similar band interest. His name was Timmy and we talked to him for like an hour. We added him on Facebook. Then we just chatted with a lot of other people for a few hours. Then Adelaide and I talked about me leaving. Inside my head I was having a war on weather or not I should show her the picture. Then she helped my go through my packed close, and helped me decide on the outfits I wanted to wear.

After a while we said our goodbyes and I called Daniel and the boys over. By the time they got here it was already 4:30 and I was cooking supper for 7. Abigail and Max introduce themselves to the boys and we all ate. When we got done eating Max and Abigail ran to Max’s work to finish his leave papers. I told the boys I was leaving for two weeks tomorrow morning and they all sighed. “Were are you going?” Sammy smiled. “I going to back to San Diego to catch up with my friends.” I smiled. “Back? I thought you said you were from Jersey.” Ian shrugged. “No, I went to school in San Diego.” I felt my face get hot. “Really? What school?” Christian asked. “Clairemont High.” I smiled still a little nervous. “Really, because we’re going there for a wrestling tournament.” Christian smiled. “Maybe you could hang with us when we go!” Sammy smiled.

“Is something wrong?” I said to Daniel, who had been looking at the table the entire time, not saying a single word. He looked at me and smiled, “No, I’m glad you get to leave me for two weeks.” He shrugged and looked back at the table. I looked over at the guys and they got up, gave me a hug, and left. “Its only two weeks.” I smiled and touched his hand. “I know, but between the guys going and you going, I’ll be here all alone.” He sighed. “Why aren’t you going?” I smiled. “I’m not in wrestling.” Daniel laughed and sat up. “Can’t you just go along?” I smiled. “I don’t think so.” He sighed. I hugged him and said, “Its only two weeks.” “Yeah.” He sighed smiled. "What do you want to do before I leave?" I smiled. "Lets watch  a movie." He smiled.

We went down stairs and we watched ‘World War Z.’ Through out the entire movie I had this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach like something bad was going to happen. I couldn’t ignore it so I mentioned it to Daniel. “Are you sure its not just nerves? I mean you are going to see your friends that you haven’t seen in a year. Things are going to be a little weird at first but it’s okay.” He smiled and hugged me tight. After awhile of just talking, Daniel had to leave. I kissed him good bye and he roared off in his mustang. Then I went to sleep so that I wouldn’t be so tired.