Chapter 6

• Dedicated to Nick Baker

When I thought about the dream it felt weird, like I felt like Louis was controlling the dream. It felt like he had the dream too. I tried to fall asleep but I heard a weird noise it sounded like something was knocking on my window. Then I heard it again. I walked over to the window and Daniel was standing there. 

“Hey, can I come in? It’s a little cold out here.” He smiled. I smiled really big and walked over to my bedroom door and locked it. “I suppose,” I smiled and walked over to the door, “be quiet though, Abigail’s home.” He laughed and smirked. When I opened the door a burst of cold air flowed past my legs. 

“Hey, do you know what time it is?” He laughed. “No, but I can check this random watch that just appeared here.” I laughed. He smiled. The song ‘Give Me Love’ by Ed Sheeran popped into my head. Then I heard knocking on my door. I felt the blood drain out of my face.

“Hey Kat, do you wanna go out to Starbucks for breakfast?” It was Abigail. “Yeah, one-second! I have to get dressed!” I yelled. “Okay, I am leaving in fifteen!” “Okay!” I responded.

“Can I watch?” Daniel whispered. “No.” I smiled and play smacked him in the chest. “Easy on the nips, I was just kidding.” Daniel smiled. “So did you come here to get your watch?” I asked. “No, I wanted to take you out today.” Daniel kind of sounded sad. “Where?” I smiled and laughed. “To the park.” He smiled. “Like a dog? Just kidding, that sounds lovely,” I smiled and hugged him, “but I told you, Abigail would never let me go out with a boy.” I said upsettingly. 

I honestly really like Daniel, more than any boy I’ve ever met. When I saw him something clicked. Maybe love, maybe not. However there was something there. I just don’t know what yet.

“I have an idea!” I smiled. “What?” Daniel replied. “Come with us!” I laughed. “Um, didn’t you just say she wouldn’t let you go out with a boy?” Daniel questioned. “You don’t have to sit at the same table as us,” I smiled a coy smile, “Okay, so go to your car, drive to Starbucks and wait at the counter until we get there.” I smiled at how crazy I sounded. “Okay.” Daniel smiled and laughed. He put his hand around my waist and hugged me. I hugged back.

Daniel walked out smiling at me. He got into his beautiful car and roared off. I put on my pink shaggy lace top with a black tank top underneath. Then I slid on my black skinny jeans. I put my hair up in a sloppy bun, put my contacts in, and slid my sun glasses up my nose. Then I ran downstairs.

Abigail turned around and smiled. “Let’s go.” She said. She grabbed her car keys and we walked out to her white Prius. We backed out of our drive way and went on our way.

As we drove there I thought about my life. I have a beautifully screwed up life. Everything is so twisted and complicated, but it's all so good at the same time. I had to stop thinking about it after a while because everything started to not make sense and I couldn’t remember most of my childhood accept for some weird dreams and memories.

When we pulled up into the Starbuck’s parking lot, I noticed a pink VW Bug. It was always in the school parking lot, I hated it. When we walked in I saw Daniel, and some blonde girl talking, he seemed mad. So when Abigail walked over to get our orders I walked over to Daniel. 

“Why not Danny? It’d be fun. Besides, no one will have to know.” The blonde said. I recognized her voice. Grace. I can’t believe that grotsky skank was trying to hit on Daniel. “No! I do not like you Grace. How many times do I have to say it? Don’t talk to me, or Kat.” Daniel firmly stated. “Oh so you have an eye for Katrina? I hope you know she’s into Ian.” Grace lied through her filthy teeth.

“No, she doesn’t, she really likes Daniel. So why don’t you go home you nasty malevolent bitch.” I walked out and smirked. I felt a weird feeling after I said that, it felt like the words just slipped out, but I didn’t regret any of my word choices. “Excuse me, do I even...” Grace said as she turned around. “Yes, you do.” I smiled and interupted her. “Whatever.” Grace smirked as she walked toward the doors. “Um, I uh, I don't normally act like that...” Daniel smiled. “It's all good, it was kinda hot. I mean't what I said by the way.” I blushed. “Hey, excuse me, Kat, I got our order.” Abigail motioned me towards a booth. “Okay.” I responded. I walked over to the booth and sat down, Daniel sat behind me and ate. I excused myself to go to the bathroom and bumped my hip into Daniel. He turned around and stuck his tongue out at me.

When I got to the bathroom, I locked the door and adjusted my clothes. I looked up at myself in the mirror. I never was fully satisfied by the way I looked. When I was younger I had my teeth fixed, I wear make up to feel beautiful, and I don’t wear tight shirts. The only thing I have always liked about myself are my eyes because the first boy I ever liked told me my eyes were beautiful. I had always wondered if preppy girls ever felt insecure about themselves. I fixed my hair, unlocked my door, and then walked back to Abigail’s booth. 

When I turned the corner Daniel was sitting in the booth with Abigail. I gasped and had a shocked expression on my face. 

“Daniel, what are you doing here?” I nervously choked out. “I was just talking to Abigail about you and Grace.” Daniel smiled back. “Kat, why didn’t you tell me you had a crush?” Abigail smiled. "Abiagil?!" "What? You're at that age where boyfriends are a neccesity." “I thought you didn’t want me to have a boyfriend?” I was so embarrassed. “Well, not a loser boyfriend anyway.” Abigail winked anf pointed her thumb at Daniel under the table. Daniel could tell I was getting embarrassed. “Look at the time, I gotta go study for a test.” Daniel smiled and got up. He hugged me then headed for the door. "Touch his butt." Abigail jokingly yelled.

“Abigail!” I exclaimed as we were walking to the car. “What?” Abigail laughed. “See what you did there, I will never live it down, and the next time I see him I will be embarrassed.” I mumbled on. “Calm down, he’s a nice boy.” Abigail smiled and started her car.