Chapter 28

I open the door to his room an I instantly smelled his redolent, it was intoxicating. “Kat?” he mumbled. “Hey is it okay if I crash here? Anne and Tylinn aren’t answering.” I crossed my fingers. “Yeah, just crash were ever.” He laughed. I had no idea where to go so I slid into his huge bed. I could smell his body wash. “Kat, what are you doing?” He laughed. “I have no idea where to go.” “Its ok, I’ll always be here if you need me, and I promise I won’t do anything.” He turned over and faced away from me. “Goodnight.” He whispered “Goodnight.” I smiled.

In the morning I woke up to Kevin picking out a shirt. ‘Dude, if anyone walked in right now, they’d get the wrong idea.” I laughed. “Right?” He laughed. “And you don’t have to worry about getting ready, school was canceled because the water pipes under the gym exploded and flooded the basement. They said we’d be back in school by tomorrow or the next day.” He picked a, ‘We Came As Romans’ shirt out and sat on the corner of the bed by my feet. “Well thats great.” I laughed. “I have to call Anne real quick.” I smiled and walked into the hallway. “Were are you! I’ve been worried sick!” Anne shouted. I stayed the night at Kevin’s, it was no big deal, we didn’t do anything bad.” I laughed. “Okay, so why’d you call me then?” She sighed. “I’m going to hang out here for a little bit then come home tonight okay.” I sighed. “Alright, nothing illegal!” She laughed. “Ok, I’ll try.” Then we hung up. 

I walked into Kevin’s room, I couldn’t really see it in the dark, but now I could. It was   a dark orange room with a huge white bed and a computer desk. There was two windows at each end of the outside wall and a flatscreen hanging on the wall. There was a bunch of band posters on the walls and a walking closet. “Hey, I found some makeup my mom bought my sister, but she never used it. I thought you might like it.” He smiled and handed me a little box of Bare Minerals makeup. It had 4 pallets of eye shadow, 4 pleats of lip gloss, 2 eye liners, and a mascara. “Thank you so much, this must’ve cost an arm and a leg.” I smiled. “Its no big deal, and you’re welcome.” He smiled.

“I’ll be right back.” I smiled. “Okay.” He laughed. I ran downstairs and walked across the street to Anne’s house. I knocked on the door. “Dude, wasn’t I just on the phone with you?” Anne laughed. I opened the door, “I need some new clothes.” I laughed. “What’d you guys d last night?” She laughed. “We played video games and watched movies and just hung out.” I smiled digging through my clothes. “Ohh, right. Hung out.” She air quoted and winked. “Honestly, we did nothing.” I turned around and smiled. “What are you looking for?” She lifted one eyebrow and turned her head like a cat. “My clothes bag.” I looked around the room. “Its in the closet,” She shook her head, “What are you doing?” She laughed. “I told you I need fresh clothes!” I yelled and laughed. “Jesus, crush much?” Anne smiled.” I grabbed my grey tank top, my black waist high jean shorts, and my black short-sleeved cardigan. I ran into the bathroom and got dressed fast. “Whats this?” Anne smiled picking up my make up case. “That’s mine.” I pulled it from her fingers. I through my hair into a side braid and put my make up on. “I gotta go. I’ll see you tonight.” I smiled. I sprayed my Pink Friday perfume on and slipped my grey Toms on and walked back across the street.

I went into Kevin’s room and he wasn’t there. “Kevin?” I called out. I could only hear something in the bathroom. I walked over to the bathroom door and opened it. Steam flooded the room and the shower was running. “Kevin?” I called out again. “Dude, I’m in the shower.” He laughed. I started laughing and walked out of the bathroom and sat on the bed. I turned on the t.v. and watched music videos. A few minutes later I heard the water shut off and Kevin walked out of the room. “I have to, um, get dressed.” Kevin laughed. “Oh right!” I smiled embarrassed looking at Kevin’s face without metal in it. “Were are all your piercings?” I laughed. “I took them out for the shower.” He wrinkled his forehead. “Right aha.” I walked towards the door. “You look really nice.” Kevin smiled. “Thank you.” I smiled and walked out the door. 

I sat on the long black sofa in the living room. His living room had tan walls, red carpet, black furniture, and all the accents were either glass or metal. There were a few hanging baskets and a flatscreen. “Whatchya doing?” He plopped on the couch. “Were are your parents?” I shrunk my face. “Out.” He looked at the floor. “Out?” I  asked. “Yeah, they’re gone. My mom’s either on business or hanging out with friends, and my dad is either on business or getting smashed.” He sighed. “I’m sorry.” I swallowed a lump in my throat. “Its ok, he’s happier when he’s relaxed.” Kevin faked smiled. Then my phone started blasting ‘Hell Above’. “Hey.” I smiled feeling a little spark in my heart. “Hey, where are you?” “At a friends house, why?” “I’m at our hotel. We ended up coming early.” “Really?” I shrieked. “Yeah, I want you to come hang with the guys and I” “Um, okay. Can I bring Kale and Aubrielle and a few others?” “Yeah, I’d love to meet your family.” “Okay, I’ll see you in a little bit.” “Okay, I love you Kat.” “I love you too Daniel.” Then I hung up. 

For some reason I felt a huge bolt of guilt get shoved in my stomach. “Who was that?” Kevin frowned. “Daniel. I have to go visit him.” I stood up. “But wait!” Kevin shrieked. “Hm?” I looked at him while collecting my things. “I thought I had you for the afternoon?” He laughed. “I know, I’m sorry I have to cancel. We can have a make up date.” I smiled. “Well you get to spend everyday with him. Pweaseee.” He stuck him bottom lip out and begged. “Why don’t you come with?” I smiled. “Really?” “Yes.” He jumped up and hugged me. Then he ran into his bathroom to get his face metal. “Lets go!” I yelled. We ran across the street. “ANNE!” I screamed and banged on the door. “Jesus, I thought you were being mauled by a bear! What!” “Daniel’s at the Omni Hotel!” “Okay?” “Lets go!” “Let me get my stuff.” “Hurry we have to pick up Kale and Aubrielle!” I yelled. “I’m so excited.” I hugged Kevin. He laughed and raised his eyebrows. “Lets go.” Anne and Tylinn got in the car with us and we were on our way.