Parents

Harry:

I paced the hallway and glanced at my phone. Every time I was sure that it had been at least twenty minutes I would look at the numbers and see that two minutes had barely gone by. Why weren't Kiersten and Niall answering my phone calls? They were supposed to land that day. At least that's what I thought. I couldn't remember. I had left their flight information on the counter at home when we had rushed out of the house earlier that morning.

I tugged my fingers through my hair for the millionth time as I continued pacing. I was trying to calm my nerves, but it wasn't working.

"Here, Harry. Drink this." Louis said suddenly appearing in front of me holding out a steaming paper cup.

I graciously took the cup and slowly brought it to my lips letting my hands savor the warmth. I took a sip and cringed as the bitter taste of the sugar-less tea filled my mouth. "You forgot the sugar, Lou."

"Well it was supposed to be mine, but El made me bring it back to you." He said with one of his signature eye-rolls.

"You can have it back." I said making him chuckle but happily take the cup back.

"Heard anything yet?"

I just shook my head leaning against the wall, "How'd you even get back here?"

"I snuck in through the doors when no one was looking." He said with a nonchalant shrug. I should've had known, it wasn't like Louis to do any less. Even with two kids and an age of twenty-seven Louis hadn't changed much since we had first met.

"Mr. Styles?" A woman asked behind me.

"Well, that's my cue to leave." Louis winked before quickly heading down the hallway back towards the waiting room.

"Come with me please." The woman said after I turned around and faced her.

"Is everything okay?" I asked nervously biting on the skin next to my thumb nail.

"Mrs. Styles is still being treated, but the doctors are confident." She told me with a reassuring smile, "Wait right here." She said stopping in front of the glass before she disappeared behind a door.

My phone started buzzing in my hand and I sighed in relief when I saw Kiersten's name. "Thank God," I breathed out answering her.

"Harry? What the hell is going on?" She asked panicked.

"Where are you?" I asked watching as the nurse carefully made her way back through the door with a bundle of blankets in her arms.

"We just landed."

"Come straight to Saint Mary's. Paul will handle your luggage when you get here. I'll see you soon. Bye." I said pulling the phone away from my ear knowing that she was going to start yelling at me for not telling her what was going on.

I could still hear Kiersten yelling, "What? Harry! Why are you at the hospital?" as I hung up the phone.

As I watched the nurse walk towards me my mind flashed back to five am that morning.

***Flashback***

"Harry!" Samie yelled shaking my shoulder waking me from a deep sleep. "Harry something's wrong."

That immediately got my attention and I quickly sat up, "What's wrong."

"I'm not sure." She shook her head, "Something's just not right. We need to go to the hospital. It hurts, Harry. It hurts really badly."