Chapter 42

Hey, it's me again.

Well - heh - I guess it's technically you again.

Anyway, how are things? You talk to the Doctor yet? Was he about as helpful as he usually is?

(Don't tell him I said that, he'll get mad)

But...yeah, I'm assuming that went...well.

And by that I mean you both didn't try to kill each other in a battle to the death.

You see? There is always a worse case scenario...

Got off track, sorry. Won't happen again.

This week's page - courtesy of the long lost journal - doesn't have much to tell ya.

Sorry, it's gonna be like that sometimes.

Well, I guess I can tell you something, and it is actually kind of important.

You have to watch yourself. Because you can die.

You don't have a regeneration cycle to lean back on.

I'm sure you know this by now, but you know - it's good to have a reminder.

I have no idea why we don't. I'm hoping - like...really hoping - that we were just born this way. Because if that's not true, it means...they did something to us that was so traumatic I blocked it out.

And I'd rather not remember that sort of thing.

So...yeah. Moral of the story is don't do anything stupid. I know that can be hard when you have the Doctor as a friend...

Just be aware, everything I'm doing is to protect you...

Starting now.

With love,
You

~🌺~

"So what'd you do this time Alyssa? 'Oh yeah, you were gone for two weeks and since that is such a long time and I don't have any normal friends I decided to get into trouble, leave a really nondescript voicemail, then not answer any of your calls,"' I mutter, walking up to Alyssa's front door. After I heard Alyssa's message, I decided to drop everything I was doing to make sure she was all right. You know, it's not like I was busy or anything.

I ring the doorbell, glancing over my shoulder quickly. The door cracks open just enough for Alyssa to throw a small bag into my hands. "HI FRIEND," she yells much louder than she needs to, "YEAH, YOU CAN STICK THAT IN THE BACK OF MY CAR."

"Uh, have you lost you're mind?" I say.

"YEP, IT'S UNLOCKED. GO. AHEAD," she gives me a don't ask questions just go look and slams the door.

"...O-kay," I say, turning on my heels and walking over to her car. I throw the bag into the trunk and climb into the front. "So she has definitely lost it." I slam the door shut, but by doing so I somehow manage to make the car alarm go off.

BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP. BEEP BEEP.

I try to shove the door open, but apparently it locked me in. I continue to push on the door in a panic in a desperate attempt to make the alarm stop. After several failed tries, I slump back into the seat, clicking in my seatbelt and crossing my arms in defeat.