Chapter 34

Well, here I am.

Now is the time to write some long passage about life and time that makes you question our true existence.

I've always liked these.

But now, I need to discuss some things with you, and it's...it's important.

Here's the thing...I'm pretty sure now is when everything changes.

I don't know why I feel that, but I do.

Something is going to happen, and I'm concerned.

I have a past that I can't remember, and I fear it's coming back to haunt me.

I don't know what kind of person I was. I don't know what my purpose back on Gallifrey was.

I still don't really know why they sent me away. I always thought they did it because they could. I was capable of leaving Gallifrey, so they sent me away as fast as they could to protect me.

But I've been thinking...

Time Lords don't do that.

Now, I don't know much about them personally, but from what I've heard from the Doctor and from what I've read, Time Lords aren't exactly the kind of people who do things out of the goodness of their hearts.

So...what the heck am I doing here?

Was I really sent away to carry on the legacy of the Time Lords...or is there something else?

They covered up their tracks really well, I was so well hidden.

Or so I thought.

Being somewhat "in tune" with time, it worries me when I feel this...this hidden danger.

It makes me wonder what really happened back on Gallifrey.

It makes me apprehensive about how well I'm actually hidden.

I've seen enough people try to steal the TARDIS to gain the control of time travel. So I know that there are many people who would do horrible things to get ahold of me.

That's the problem, It's not me I'm concerned for. I'm scared for the people they'll hurt to get to me. I would do anything to protect those around me.

Yet for all I know...

It's already too late.

Then again, I could always just be paranoid.

~🌺~

"Alyssa, I can't take much more of this," I moan, rolling around on the wool carpet.

"Shut up, Bree," Alyssa says, nudging me with her foot, "It's not that bad."

"It's not the plot, it's-its the facts! It's so wrong, Alyssa, you humans have it so wrong!"

"Fine," she sighs, "What's wrong with this movie?"

"They can't - vampires have absolutely no control-"

"-Yes, yes, I figured," she sighs, resting her head in her hands.

"And they're aliens. Technically they can't ever turn a human, only kill them. But don't you see? This is what they do! They seduce the girl, gain her trust, and then both are never seen again. Is that how this movie ends? I thought you said there were more after this one."